Recent content by rickler

1. R

Topping estats amp EHA5 (details updated)

Thank you for the reply @kevin gilmore! Senor Stax himself! Forgive my ignorance; what does that mean in general versus designs like the KGSS which, as far as I can surmise are designed without output transformers, and simply generate the appropriate voltages natively through their designs? One...
  2. R

That said; I ordered one of these. I wonder if our gracious host, @amirm or another person with analysis gear could measure it?
  3. R

Thank you for your analysis! Would this amplifier be clearly inferior to a Blue Hawaii / KGSSHV Carbon? I think it's odd that it uses a small wall-wart versus the other two needing some serious watts from the outlet. However, there could be a situation here where it's analogous to Class D amps...
  4. R

Curious on reviews / measurements of this.
  5. R

Good way to stream Amazon Music HD to DAC

I read through this thread, and am feeling pretty thick! I use a windows box hooked up to a DAC. Is it possible to use the Amazon Music Ultra HD app to stream via USB to my DAC, and control the app remotely for lossless high res streaming? Basically, using it like I'd use roon? If not; is...
  6. R

Accuphase E-480

Thank you all! I've looked everywhere, but does anyone have the manual for the E-480 in PDF?
  7. R

Accuphase E-480

Ahh, I see. So no way to set it to "main" like on the Luxman 509x. On the Luxman there was a way to hold down one of the inputs, and it would go to the main (read: no preamp) input. This is for a family room setup, so TV watching will now require some 1970s-style getting up to set the right...
  8. R

Accuphase E-480

This is for a receiver input. I have selected it as a "LINE" but not sure which input it is on the remote? I'd expect to hold one of the inputs down or something like that?
  9. R

Accuphase E-480

Finally got this beautiful thing. Although, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to select the "MAIN-IN" input. Any Accuphase folks out there care to lend a hand? I'm still doing some listening, and have the DAC-50 and AD-50 add-on boards. I'll be updating with some impressions mid...
  10. R

Magico S5 Mk2?

There is a set near me that's heavily discounted ($19500), and in like-new condition. Would love to hear about thoughts on these, and how to make them sound great. I called a local Magico dealer, and he said that he'd only ever use Spectral amplification, and only the newer SV models. :rolleyes:
  11. R

What should I do? ($25k setup)

I'm considering the following setups. I think all of them sound great. I do tend to be a bit fickle with gear, but I'm a lover of all types of music. Should I go for the Mac power amp, I'd probably leverage my Topping Pre90 I have laying around. It's a great sounding pre! I listen to a ton...
  12. R

Amplifier SINAD list ASR + 3rd parties

Thank you for this. Really great work!
  13. R

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Oh. That's really disappointing. :/ I didn't see anything from MiniDSP go out about this. Or any sort of "SHD v2".
  14. R

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I'm curious about this. Did MiniDSP change the hardware, or was this a software update? There hasn't been an obvious versions of the SHD as far as I know?
Top Bottom