Recent content by Rick Sykora

1. Rick Sykora

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Now this is almost driving towards the extreme where the "speaker" gets hidden in something else. My project list still has plans for trying to bury tactile transducers into framed art to hide surround speakers in the room. My wife initially approved my CBT towers but lately seems to have...
  2. Rick Sykora

As for the aesthetic, at some point with high-end audio, you are paying for the appearance of something better/higher quality. Even KEF shows this as the black version really calls for a black coaxial driver but has a contrasting one instead. Another major deal breaker for me!.... I showed the...
  3. Rick Sykora

During the pandemic, I got away with one car for both of us. This did allow more cash flow for audio and other stuff. Last year, wife said I need my own car again, so I acquiesced. Admittedly, she may have been motivated by the number of speakers and amplifiers I have!:oops: p.s. At this...
  4. Rick Sykora

She could show off the car; maybe even drive it. Admittedly, get at some income level, it matters less. :cool:
  5. Rick Sykora

While can appreciate the fun of giving a design team an open checkbook, struggle with the price. Are these really worth 4 times the R11 metas? Not end game for me, more like end of marriage! ;)
  6. Rick Sykora

UMIK-1 or any USB MIC unsuitable for timing measurements?

Forgot about my other thread and @JohnPM had addressed the USB phase question here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/designing-an-active-2-way-speaker-crossover.27156/page-2#post-936743
  7. Rick Sykora

Designing an active 2-way speaker crossover

Afaik, the answer has not changed since his response in post #35. @JohnPM please correct if am incorrect.
  8. Rick Sykora

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Any measurement conditions stated in the KEF whitepaper? Cannot emphasize enough how important it is to compare measurements done under the same conditions. All it takes is a few millimeters to make a significant difference (and knowing if any smoothing was applied too!).
  9. Rick Sykora

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Thanks @amirm. Good to have another large tower in the review stable. Hope you had help getting it on the Klippel!
  10. Rick Sykora

PS Audio FR10 sneak peak

Clearly this is a puff piece, the heavy lifting is pawned off to Chris. @Chris Brunhaver have you made the video he references?
  11. Rick Sykora

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Ch Amplifier Teardown

If you want to experiment with fan cooling, try a notebook stand with fans or there are some inexpensive portable ones that take less space. They usually run on USB power.
  12. Rick Sykora

Audio Sense schematic needed

Tbh, was holding back a bit as am a little too close to Buckeye’s design and need to be discrete. It feeds a MCU too. @mcdn’s looks similar but will say some refinement had to be done to avoid adding distortion. As @MCH is likely right that Rod’s is more complex but some of that is dealing with...
  13. Rick Sykora

Directiva r2 monitor prototype build

Yes, have seen one like that where one wheel was removed. It is not just the one axis of rotation though and measurement angles need to be repeatable as you change height for each driver. I have a decent idea of how to implement but the fabrication would be more difficult with my current...
  14. Rick Sykora

Directiva r2 monitor prototype build

Interesting, am not sure. Ever done a top heavy 4 ft tall pot perched on half the turntable? That is the speaker use case.
  15. Rick Sykora

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

No black, no deal! p.s. need more than one guy too, they are taller and weigh more than I do.
Top Bottom