Recent content by RichardDLO

1. R

D-6 driver for windows 7x64

Windows 7 drivers would not have been upgraded since end off life 2015, end of support 2020. The vendor tags would not even be recognized and a lot of thing have changed in the bluetooth arena since then .
  2. R

Bluesound Powernode 2021

"Lastly, don't be misled by the new NAD "C700" unit, as this is the Powernode3 in a nicer box with a LCD display (not a touch panel) to show album art, etc., but is the same performance as the Powernode for $1500..." Not entirely true, C700 does have different DAC and pre-out. Pre-out is...
  3. R

HDMI (CEC Volume control) -> Node -> spdif -> Better Dac -> Power Amp

I have the powernode and yes the node looked when compared to others that it "mesures... horribly" but I think the unit sounds fine. I too was disappointed that it did not measure DC to Light, ruler flat with a sinad of 200.
  4. R

Bluesound powernode/LS50 Meta/KC62 hat's the ideal high-pass frequency setting?

They start their roll off about 100hz, it is very smooth. I would try with and without Highpass filter @ 80hz. But I would not use highpass @ 80hz (why introduce additional electronics). If I did use Highpass I think I would start at 100hz. I base this on the review done here awhile back. I...
  5. R

Speaker recommendations to pair with a Bluesound Powernode N330?

I plan to use a subwoofer. I will test with and without the highpass filter as I understand it has plus and minuses. Allowing the speakers to do all that they do well and just using the sub to support them can be better than cutting the speakers off too high. I'll see. The room is 11x14 with the...
  6. R

Based on spinorama data I would probably cross at 100hz.
  7. R

I know the cross over is adjustable in Blu Os but is the gain adjustable?
  8. R

I just purchased the Powernode and The Elac Debut Reference. Not received yet but disappointed to hear that you think the powernode does no have the grunt required to power speakers. I bought speakers for current sale and it frustrating that a 489.00 speaker needs a 1000.00 amp to shine. I was...
  9. R

My audiophile days are behind me.....

Thanks, I did look at the Bluesound product, the only flaw in my use case is that the controls on top would not be ideal.
  10. R

How many SVS powered speakers with eArc? (1) Anyone qualified to answer question would have known that and have heard the Q150's compared to the SVS powered speaker. Otherwise the response would not be what I asked. I can read a review and if this forum is just an echo box of reviewed items...
  11. R

This is my 1st post so excuse my not understanding. The question I asked is very clear or at least I thought it was.
  12. R

I've considered the Elac DBR but both of the systems I've referenced above are sub 1000.00 and have eArc. The systems you suggested would also require I buy a steaming device of some sort. But thanks for input.
  13. R

I spent 30 years in the HI-FI biz back in the day when we were the guru's. But now I'm looking for input on bang for buck on a system I can't audition. Thinking someone might have compared. I'm an oldster so the extra brightness of both is useful. Choice 1 SVS powerbase amp only (the new one)...
Top Bottom