Recent content by Revelation Sound

1. Revelation Sound

Parasound JC2 Preamplifier Review

Faceless people claiming things with tests when we don't question how the tests were done, and how accurate are way it was tested. I'm an old guy and and I prefer the old days when real audiophile people with their real names were behind their statements in audio magazines each month. Doing...
  2. Revelation Sound

Parasound JC2 Preamplifier Review

I went through the 7 pages on this thread and was disappointed so many were judging the preamp based on specs. How many of you actually heard this preamp and was able to compare it other preamps? Specs are just a small part of how audio gear will perform.
  3. Revelation Sound

Parasound JC2 preamp

In reading reviews and YouTube video on this preamp, they give the impression of the clarity, the exquisite detail and clean sound it provides. I think it would improve the sound over my current NAD 658 preamp. Now the JC2 does not have a phono preamp which is fine as I already have the...
  4. Revelation Sound

I can't tell a difference between 4 phono preamps

They both provided 60 db of gain so it was easy to match. However just for removing the louder sounds better thought process, I also had the JC3 Jr volume a tad lower than the XRM on purpose and I still heard the improvements it offered. Im sure some will still argue i am being tricked thinking...
  5. Revelation Sound

I can't tell a difference between 4 phono preamps

I purchased the Parasound JC3 JR, and was surprised how similar the two sounded. The one difference in sound was the bass on the JC3 JR was tighter while on the XRM it is a little more rounded. I went back and forth A/B the two and really thought the JC3 Jr was not worth it for the difference...
  6. Revelation Sound

Parasound XRM vs JC3 JR Phono Preamp

I never believed records were better, just different. On many recordings, I prefer the light syrup on the music that my setup with records provide. It is easier on your ears. Some older recordings, streaming services with remaster recordings sound clearer and more detailed in a good way way...
  7. Revelation Sound

Records have always had a nice homogenous sound. The higher we go on the food chain with audio gear, the more it separates instruments and provides more detail. There gets to a point however when its too much and you lose that pleasant character that we expect from records. Everyone has their...
  8. Revelation Sound

I received the Parasound JC3 JR today and I spent some time comparing it to the XRM Parasound phono preamp. I am using a Rega P6 with Aria Pro cartridge, NAD preamp and McIntosh MC152 amp with Focal Aria 926 speakers. I also did testing with the Focal Clear MG's. With doing my test for the first...
  9. Revelation Sound

REVIEWS ON LINE: I agree there are people that get paid for doing reviews and to try to sell gear. I know there are people who are paid on some forums to praise certain gear as well. I'm not sure how many are honest and those who just praise gear. I take audio reviews from stores that sell the...
  10. Revelation Sound

I don't like to banter back and forth on line with people because there is always some misinterpretation, and generally if you had an actual conversation in person, I'm sure we would agree more than we disagree. It looks like I will have to get my hands on a JC3 JR and compare it the XRM and...
  11. Revelation Sound

In reading a review of the JC3 JR on theabsolutesound.com the reviewer compared it to the Jc3+ which he owns. Here is a breakdown on what was mentioned about Parasound and John Curl. 1. The quality of components. 2. Musical (another person's syrup?) and sonic detail. 3. Curl's signature RIAA EQ...
  12. Revelation Sound

Well I just upgraded to the Rega P6 and Ania Pro cartridge from my Dual 5000 turntable, so I already upgraded there. The XRM does sound very good. I am just wondering if in the $2,000 range I can get a enough of an improvement in sound over the XRM. Since I already have a McIntosh 152 amp, their...
  13. Revelation Sound

Thank you so much for your comments b_a_r. You have stated something similar to what another person said. They said the XRM was very clean and detailed while the JC3 Jr was more analog sounding. Based on many comments, the JC3+ is just slightly better than the JC3 Jr offering a tad more detail...
  14. Revelation Sound

What you say makes sense, but then when you read or watch all these phono preamp reviews, they make such a big deal about the differences between the preamps. Parasound vs PS Audio, vs Sutherland for example. It just makes one more curious about the differences.
  15. Revelation Sound

Focal Aria floorstander owners?

I am still loving my Focal Aria 926'. I recently upgraded my turntable to a Rega 6 and the music through the Focal's is stellar.
Top Bottom