Recent content by Repdetect

1. Repdetect

How a subwoofer affects soundstage?

Dual subs improved , i.e. expanded my soundstage significantly. Helped reduce a room mode somewhat. I won't be going back to 1 sub. Of course an improved soundstage is dependent on the recording having a decent soundstage in the first place.
  2. Repdetect

How a subwoofer affects soundstage?

It's ok to talk about using only 1 sub. Using 2 subs is a different conversation, substantially better and more accurate results.
  3. Repdetect

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

I placed this usb fan on top of my Buckeye Hypex NC502MP 2-Channel amp. Amp was a bit warm before, now stays at room temp while playing. No noise. Figure even with this little need for cooling, components will last longer.... I hope. Only $16...
  4. Repdetect

3-Body Problem

I read about 1/3 of the first book, fond it too slow, never finished. I had read all the Hugo & Nebula Award winners while in college, no problem. Started watching the version (Chinese) on Amazon, way too boring and I thought acting wasn't very good (could be a cultural issue). Started Netflix...
  5. Repdetect

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Yes, they'll bury me with my speakers. Still very happy after 9 years. Biggest change is moving from a 3-ch Emotiva xpa-3 (56lbs) and a 5 ch. xpa-5 (70lbs.) , both 200w rms/ch., to desktop class-d amps , except for Buckeye 2ch NC502MP.
  6. Repdetect

Is it audiophoolia to care about SINAD differences which have no correlation in blind listening tests? H2/H3 distortion 'enriches the sound'?

"he uses a more exaggerated writing style than in an academic paper" That's called bending the truth, in other words lying.
  7. Repdetect

Bruno Putzeys- Interesting Bruno Putzeys comments at DIY Audio from 2011 to 2016- around Birth of HypexNcore

I found this older thread (2011-2016) on DIY-Audio that I found very interesting/entertaining/educational- has many of Bruno Putzeys' comments. I hope that you have as much fun reading it as I did. My apologies if it has been linked before. If you have problems with the link, the thread is...
  8. Repdetect

A dangerous situation need your help

I lice in a duplex. Adjoining neighbors had a "guest" that played video games (explosions) with a sub at 3 and 4am in the morning. We (Iowa) have noise ordinances. A couple of visits from the police saved a life :rolleyes: and stopped it.
  9. Repdetect

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

I used these or even earlier models when I did sound for television production, they were THE standard. Never noticed anything else on location or on a set. Rarely used for music, used primarily for making sure voice was recorded properly. Never had an issue with them, in those circumstances...
  10. Repdetect

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

Agree. The one thing that will give you better sound regardless of your system's cost that I rarely see mentioned in ASR or blogs, or forums is better mastering and engineering of cd's, vinyl or whatever format you listen to. Unfortunately you listen after the fact (mastered & engineered). But...
  11. Repdetect

ALAC or FLAC?

Because no 2 people have the same hearing. Accounts for 90% of "sound" comments here.
  12. Repdetect

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

How about $200 for an SMSL DO 100?
  13. Repdetect

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

SMSL DO 100 - $200 So $700 more for insignificant, i.e. inaudible specs. I think not.
  14. Repdetect

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

Yes virtually impossible to avoid, but China most always means lower cost than US buying from EU or vice-versa, no?
Top Bottom