Recent content by René - Acculution.com

1. René - Acculution.com

audioXpress article topic suggestions

And another one: https://audioxpress.com/article/simulation-techniques-acoustic-topology-optimization-for-vibroacoustics-applications
  2. René - Acculution.com

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

While Pauls video is too hand-wavy and mixes up phase and time, I also don't think Amir's video has the proper nuance, as the peer-reviewed papers probably don't tell us the full story. As this thread demonstrates, lots of people have experience with phase differences relating to auditory...
  3. René - Acculution.com

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Yes, for a two-way system, I guess perfect would mean (s+w0)/(s+w0) transfer function, and clearly he will not have that. I am just interested in seeing if any change can be noted for the new axis, since this is seemingly a point of contention here.
  4. René - Acculution.com

Sure, but the claim is his, not mine ;-)
  5. René - Acculution.com

For completeness, can you also extract the step response for this axis? Not that it looked bad at all actually for the initial axis, but when the claim is 'perfect step response', it would be interesting to see it for the new axis, if it is not too much of hassle, of course.
  6. René - Acculution.com

I am not native English nor American and certainly not a lawyer. But watching his video I was really wondering if the word Arbitration should not have been used in all communication instead of Litigation, if there was never any intend of a lawsuit?
  7. René - Acculution.com

An observation: Those who say that it is easy to design a speaker with a flat frequency response never have a speaker with a flat frequency response.
  8. René - Acculution.com

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Respect to @amirm for highlighting this issue. What a sh!t-show. If they are so concerned about the measurements, and Erin offers to pull the video and redo the test, then what is the problem? I wonder if there any of the YouTube lawyers that sometimes pop up with short takes on cases from...
  9. René - Acculution.com

intresting (phase) comparision of laser- and microfone meassurements of a (subwoofer) driver (and more)

What a nice measurement setup. It is too bad that so many people insist on trying to understand theory via measurements, instead trying to understand the theory first, and then use measurements to validate and investigate. Modelling first, measurements later. You can clearly see that he finds it...
  10. René - Acculution.com

Børresen M1

The article about lumped modelling was primarily to get the BAR models out before another research group, as I expected they would claim novelty with their models. They now have done that, so my article will be involved in a misconduct case. Just a glimpse of what you have to deal with when it...
  11. René - Acculution.com

audioXpress article topic suggestions

4 out of 8 articles are now available free of cost: https://audioxpress.com/authors/23634/rene-christensen
  12. René - Acculution.com

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

There also seems to be magnitude differences in the different signals he compares, as they are seemingly not the same duration in time (although the figures are so gritty that it is difficult to really see what is going on). Everything is weird mish mash of half-truths, analogies, and...
  13. René - Acculution.com

Yes, I agree; you cannot just continue down the same road with this amount of negative 'reviews'. I write a lot for audioXpress, and I may contact them regarding this. It is too late now, though, as it is out, but perhaps more articles are planned with him. I don't think my aXp articles are...
  14. René - Acculution.com

It could be, I am not sure, but I get the feeling that he believes what he writes. Granted, it is a video, and not a journal paper, but he uses this example in a recent audioXpress article http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur//papers/Hearing-and-Audio-Part1--Freq-phase-and-time.pdf, without any...
Top Bottom