Recent content by Rem

1. R

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Holy schiit. That's some good value there.
  2. R

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

I just received this message. So Amazon will take a bit longer than expected. "Hello, We have Zen DAC inventory on the way to the Amazon Fulfillment Center. They have it available for purchase now with an estimated availability as November 15th. With the holiday season coming up it takes...
  3. R

Apparently it just recently started shipping to the suppliers. I talked to the Amazon rep for iFi and they don't have a good date for when it will be listed on there. I'm assuming it might be maybe 1-2 weeks. headphones.com has it available on October 31.
  4. R

Ifi Zen Dac Possibly one of the lower priced desktop dac/amp balanced solutions to be released some time this month. For some reason they didn't include a wall wart but they recommended the iFi iPower which is like $50.
  5. R

Review and Measurements of the Chord Hugo 1 DAC & HP Amp

Damn that is really expensive for what it offers. I'm assuming the hugo 2 is somewhere near this too. I can't imagine buying a lot of $1k+ amps/dacs without seeing measurements first. From what I heard ES100 is really weak like 4mw into 300ohms?
  6. R

Review and Measurements of Grace Design Balanced DAC

Would introducing a random wall wart be bad for measurements? I have a random USB phone charger wall wart that fits the spec for it but... hmm.
  7. R

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Oh yeah, if you do use a unbalanced dac would the balance output be limited in power by a lot?
  8. R

Thanks! I thought so, a lot of people seem to say only speaker amps can do it and you need 8 watts at 50 ohms. I doubt I could find something with low OI and decent measurements beyond this though.
  9. R

Interesting... I was considering the 789 and this came up. Does anyone think this could drive an HE-6?
  10. R

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I am unsure how the 3.5mm version would perform but if it can measure somewhat similar to what the 2.5mm version is it would definitely still represent good value since many 3.5mm dongle/portable dac+amps do not measure as well while giving as much power without spending 3-4 times as much at...
  11. R

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

It's really good. I think it could be better with 3.5mm to be used as at an at home dac, then something for portable use as well. Only issue is that I doubt it would have anywhere near same power as the balanced connection so it's a trade off. I like it though still, great results! Unless this...
  12. R

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

Wow that dac is amazing. Although I was hoping to find one with a dac chip made from akm for my purchase. Hopefully more of them come out.
  13. R

Topping D70 DAC

Exactly lol. But I just heard AK4499 came out the end of last year so I sort of feel like holding out, not sure.
  14. R

Topping D70 DAC

I missed it :/ Hopefully it goes down again some time soon. I think this will be my balanced dac.
  15. R

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

It seems pretty good. The price is a bit more than I would spend though... Still very nice of Topping to send one in. Great review amir. :)
Top Bottom