Recent content by Reel1

1. R

Magnepan .7s Tube Amp? SS?

So excited! Throwing out all the research I've done and starting again haha. I have seen the reviews by Amir and even though some things are over my head technical wise, I do appreciate the scientific approach taken to measure everything. So all things considered, if I have the choice, pick an...
  2. R

The thing is I haven't heard them with a good SS amp. At the dealer they also had the Primaluna for demo so don't have much to compare. I don't necessarily plan on listening at high volumes all the time, but felt like the dealer didn't play them as loud for some reason, maybe lack of power or...
  3. R

Wow! Thank you for those replies. Didn't think it would be that detailed. Im probably more enamored with the nostalgia of tubes/aesthetics, even though I have heard the PrimaLuna with the .7s and thought the combo sounded great (Mainly vocals/acoustics, volume wasn't too loud). Just like with...
  4. R

Good afternoon everybody! New member here and absolutely love the amount of technical info found on this forum. Have been trying to learn more about the different designs and options. Have read a few of the Magnepan amp threads but still had some questions. I bought a pair of Magnepan .7s a few...
Top Bottom