Recent content by RedCometZero

1. R

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

The Dusk, without the EQ cable, follows Crinacle's target at least as well as the Zero2 does. It does so better with the EQ cable, but it's not inferior to Zero2 without. Whether that, the higher build quality, smaller nozzle, and better accessories are worth the price delta is another question...
  2. R

Review and Measurements of SoundBlaster X-FI HD

The output impedance on the headphone amp is very high. Unless you're using very high output impedance headphones, this DAC/AMP will dramatically impact the frequency response of your headphones.
  3. R

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

What tips do people recommend besides Comply foam? I find those change the sound signature vs silicone
  4. R

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Thanks for the info. On the Cirrus DACs, Low-Latency means IIR, and phase-compensated means FIR (well, actually I can't find for sure whether or not it's a standard FIR, or an apodizing filter, and they unhelpfully call it in their datasheet "pseudo-linear phase"). But at any rate, the settings...
  5. R

Fast rolloff, but do you know if it's an FIR or IIR filter?
  6. R

The Tanchjim Space had selectable filters (the 5 default ones for the Cirrus chip that this is also using, IIR fast, IIR slow, FIR fast, FIR slow, and NOS), but I don't see anything indicating that this does on their website or the AliExpress listing. Could someone confirm? Not gonna buy...
  7. R

Anyone know what kind of filter this uses? Doesn't seem to be selectable, and there's no information on the Tempotec site.
  8. R

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Is this a design flaw that should be proactively repaired, or a dead chip? I have a pair of SU-9ns that I would like to have in service for a long time, and basic soldering skills.
  9. R

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

I don't know what the "phase compensation" means. Which ones are FIR and which are IIR?
  10. R

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

What kind of low-pass filter does this use? Don't see a measurement for it, and the product page doesn't seem to have info.
  11. R

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Apos Audio price matched my L70 and E70 purchased exactly 30 days ago with their 30 day price match guarantee to the new sale price. Very happy with their service, and psyched to get $100 refunded on a combo I am still happy with.
  12. R

Not what you want to read as a recent E70 (and L70) purchaser. From what I can tell only one user had this issue though, or am I wrong?
  13. R

My Emotiva XDA-2 just died after 9 years of service. Considering replacing it with this. I know the measurements are immaculate, but are there any problems with the features?
  14. R

SMSL SU9 Pro

What is the 12kHz problem?
  15. R

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Absolutely loving these. ANy recommendation for a cheap, high-quality 2.5mm balanced cable?
Top Bottom