Recent content by recycledcans

1. R

DAC recommendations - Modi 3E or alternatives for around 300$ max ?

I'm just trying to minimize clutter. If quality is better I'll keep my Schitts.
  2. R

DAC recommendations - Modi 3E or alternatives for around 300$ max ?

I am using the Jotunheim 2 paired with a Modius dac and am also wondering if I should sell them for a smaller all-in-one solution like the new DX5.
  3. R

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

How does a Jotunheim 2 amp + Modius dac ($600 setup) compare with the DX5 ($550)?
  4. R

AMP/DAC for AKG and Sennheiser cans

I'll have to look into OTL amps, but I think I'll get that as my secondary. I see.. maybe I'll just go with a Focal Clear. Looks like it' sonly $940 on headphones.com as an open box item. An EX5 is a top contender! Probably more in line with what I'm actually looking for/need. I'll try to...
  5. R

THX vs non-THX amps for HD800s and K7xx/Q701

I am new to the audiophile arena and need some advice/recommendations on an amp/dac for my AKG K7xx (Q701) and potentially HD8xx when that comes out. From my understanding, OTL tube amps or "warmer" amp/dac combos are best for the HD800s, but I'm looking to stick with solid state and have...
  6. R

AMP/DAC for AKG and Sennheiser cans

I am new to the audiophile arena and need some advice/recommendations on an amp/dac for my AKG K7xx (Q701) and potentially HD8xx when that comes out. From my understanding, OTL tube amps or "warmer" amp/dac combos are best for the HD800s, but I'm looking to stick with solid state and have...
Top Bottom