Recent content by rdodev

1. R

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

I received my Tone Board today. I've got to say I'm impressed. The unboxing experience was _surprisingly_ good. Really neat box and components inside well tucked away and organized. I'm also very pleased with its performance thus far; makes my whole stack super transparent end to end and what...
  2. R

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

This is great news. Now if only we could get MD to confirm or deny the current drop is for the v2 (v1.2) :/
  3. R

heh, you meant "plug and play". I believe the xmos controller supports both modes.
  4. R

It will use a driver regardless, whether 3rd party or OS native. Since it's all in digital domain, it should not affect transparency at all.
  5. R

Never mind. Noticed you linked to the file :) Thanks.
  6. R

Thanks. Where can I download from? The official site doesn't seem to allow for downloads.
  7. R

Does this unit require any special drivers for Win 10 flac/dsd support?
  8. R

Measurements Of Chord Mojo

I wholly agree with this. The ambient noise would entirely sabotage any nuance and detail your portable dac/amp could retrieve. Same goes for noisy offices or work places. Just get some decent cans that can be driven from your phone and enjoy. Once back at home, in a decently quiet room you can...
  9. R

[Topping] DX3 Pro coming soon

Except AKM-chip driven, not ESS like the DX7s
  10. R

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Measurements from Questyle Audio entry-level DACs would be great.
  11. R

Can we have a thread with up to date bar-chart DAC "rankings"?

Thanks very much. Also thanks for the clarification about "qualitative buckets" and not strictly numerical! Excellent, Great, Good, Average. I use the Topping D50 (as you've done a few times) what separates Excellent from Great. And then Melokin separating Great from Good and then JDS Element to...
  12. R

I'd say it would be better one you create given your community acumen as we all, you know, being the person leading the tests and making the charts :)
  13. R

As title asks, it would be great to have a thread with up-to-date bar-chart rankings of DACs you've tested -- which you tend to include with each review. Thanks!
  14. R

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

QC and warranty service is the main thing that's holding me back from buying either of these two DACs.
  15. R

Do You Need an External DAC/Headphone Amplifier?

Gotcha. I misunderstood what you were arguing about.
Top Bottom