Recent content by raykkho

1. raykkho

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Thank you for the information
  2. raykkho

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

I haven't read the entire thread, can anyone advise me if the 650s are the same as the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX? Thanks.
  3. raykkho

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

This is truly a great device, I don't even bother to use my DAP on the road anymore. I haven't tried full size can but using BT LDAC connection, Android, phone on max volume, and my JH Audio JH13 Pro, I use around half of the available volume on the 5K, already quite loud for me. Perhaps your...
  4. raykkho

GUSTARD S16 Streamer

Seems to be available at Gustard official online retailer in China here, less than USD550.
  5. raykkho

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

I only know of Mytek Brooklyn having this issue, quite well documented.
  6. raykkho

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

https://www.hifinews.com/content/matrix-audio-element-x-network-attached-dac-lab-report This article mentioned the X is phase inverting, has anyone done a phase listening test?
  7. raykkho

Converting a Blu-ray/SACD player into a digital DSD transport

It shouldn't be hard to get a used player that does DSD output, I got my Sony for less than $100.
  8. raykkho

Noticed Topping D90 does not support DoP over coaxial but I am sure quite a few DACs out there already do that. Certainly my MA element X and Mytek Brooklyn do that via both coaxial and optical, and there is no conversion of DSD to PCM when say a player like Oppo and Sony is set to output DSD...
  9. raykkho

Good for you, but my experience tells me differently. My Matrix Audio element X has 4 I2S settings, and NONE of them work with the I2S output of my Denafrips Avatar CDT. Fortunately the Avatar has a second I2S output and it saves the day. As there is no universal standard I2S per say, there...
  10. raykkho

This is certainly one of the ways but some of us still want to pop that disc and play for old time sake . I certainly rip mine too.
  11. raykkho

As there's no standard I2S termination/pin assignment, connecting between two components from different brands with I2S can be tricky.
  12. raykkho

That's good. I'm just very glad I can now choose not to rip, although I do, my SACD, and can just pop a disc into the Blu-ray player and hear it's full resolution through my DAC.
  13. raykkho

Sorry, when you said "With the new gadget I2S HDMI, you can still play SACD via coaxial/optical however at 88.2Khz only.", did you mean in your setup? With coaxial DoP from this gadget, I'm getting RAW DSD to my DAC with no problem. However, this is my second unit, my first unit had issue and...
  14. raykkho

I'm using similar product and can now successfully play SACD using a Sony BDP -S590 Blu-ray player via coaxial DoP.
Top Bottom