Recent content by rayc

1. R

Different Audio Interfaces and Different Mics all sounding thin/shrill within mixes

It's not all the same gear if you factor in the user as part of the gear/signal chain. I listened to your samples and they each confirmed what I suspected. You've thrown a VERY hard high pass on the vocals and NOTHING exists below 100Hz. This means, from the outset that the vocals will sound...
  2. R

INTERFERENCE when RECORDING

Hello Matthias, Yes, I know about conditioners now. I bought it before having the sparkie comment on the wiring. I did follow up research and testing after speaking to him. As to DI, I have a passive one and two active ones. The one I'm using definitely improves the situation the best of the...
  3. R

Hello goat76, Yes, I use ReaFir to address the problem - it's good, not brilliant and does come with the problem all removal/subtractions programs do. It's really good though. I have it set as part of my project template all all tracks that will be recorded into via cable - I just select the...
  4. R

Thanks for the indepth response AnalogSteph, Excellent points and questions. I did have an electrician in for other matters & asked, he said the wiring is fine. He was also the source regarding the extra power line. We had had concerns about wiring as the 30 year old house was a "self build" and...
  5. R

Hello Folks, I've been watching the review videos on YouTube for some time. I must admit to having been a fan of the PS Audio videos until I saw the reviews of the Power Regenerator & "cleaning" products AND Paul's responses. I've since unsubscribed from that channel. I live in South East...
Top Bottom