Recent content by rar133

1. R

Fiio Q5s Portable DAC & THX Headphone Amp Review

{might get shot for that} honestly, i'm kind of relieved how this panned out. was waiting and waiting for the review, but during confinement, actually bought one as it was the only one realistically available (shipping out of the question). Although it measures so poorly, there is absolutely...
  2. R

Matching headphone impedance against OEM specs

euhh... well i guess that dude is Mr. Ohm ... yeah maths weren't really my forte. anyway i'll use the confinement as a means to understand those theories better. thanks a lot mate :)
  3. R

wow! thank for that! that is great to know (also thanks for the cheat sheet for the q5s and k3). much much appreciated :)
  4. R

thanks mate... in my case, the bayerdynamics custom studio have a sensitivity of 96 on 80 ohms how would i know if the amp can output 2.5v or even the mW. i guess the easy way out is buy a powerful amp that could power just about anything, but then i wouldn't want overkill. the thing is...
  5. R

So I use http:// www. digizoid. com/ power .php to calculate the mW needed to power headphones. My HiFiMan HE400i impedance is 35ohms and my bayerdynamics custom studios are 80ohms. Most manufacturer specs state for 16/32/300 ohms like for example: - My fiio k3 specs on unbalanced output...
  6. R

Line output requirements

Well honestly the main purpose is drive my he400i on mobile and 80% hooked up to the atom at home for the dac part. The DAP functionality could actually be a convenience factor, tidal on my bed with pc off and phone charging elsewhere And the M11 has higher vrms on LO. Yep i think that if it...
  7. R

Line output requirements

thanks!! so the 1.8vrms should not be a limiting factor then. in this case i might just get the q5s as my everyday dac (at least when i want my headphones). for my monitors i'll just connect to the pc as they are active. do you think the M11 dap could serve the same function or would using a...
  8. R

Line output requirements

I have an Atom Amp and a couple of headphones( he400i + bayerdynamics custom studio) plus my studio monitors. all this was driven by the fiio k3 i wanted to buy the Fiio Q5s for 2 things.... 1. as my portable dac/amp as it can power both my headphones easily & 2. as my desktop solution to plug...
  9. R

New setup questions (HE400i, Fiio DACs, JDS Atom)

Hello community, my listening setup has drastically changed over the last month and i need advice to tune it: Before: PC-> Focusrite Solo Gen2 - > M-Audio BX8 / Shure SE425 Now: PC->Fiio K3 ->JBL 104 BT / -> sonarworks ref 4 ->JDS Atom (incoming) -> HifiMan HE400i / Shure SE425 my reason was...
  10. R

PC, DACs, active speakers, bluetooth? What sequence and possibilities?

Based on my research (full amateur here), what could work for you is the fiio btr3 or equivalent BT hi res transmitters. Just get a good BT dongle for the pc and transmit to the btr3 plugged into speakers
  11. R

DAC for Speakers

1. the most important connection is from my pc (win10) to my speakers (95% of the time). 2. because sometimes i don't want to turn the pc on (power consumption of an oc 5ghz chip), i have already bought a fiio btr3 to plug to the jbl's aux in port. this can connect to both my phone (bandcamp...
  12. R

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Headphone Amp

if i use the x5iii on the dock, can it be used as a standalone DAC for my PC to drive active speakers? in this case, can i use the balanced line out to the balanced input on the speaker? would this be a reliable long term solution?
  13. R

DAC for Speakers

Hi everyone. Most of the threads deal with using dac or dac/amp combos for driving headphones. I don't use headphones. I need a DAC to use with my JBL 104. I used to use a focusrite solo and m-audio bx8 monitors which did a good job for me. because i wanted to declutter my bedroom (plus...
  14. R

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

w.r.t to the SINAD, is this more an issue when driving headphones through the 1/4inch output or does this impact the K5pro when used exclusively as a USB DAC to drive studio monitors through the line out? i am waiting for a shop locally to re stock the k5pro and don't know what to make of those...
  15. R

Fiio BTR5

thanks! in this case i will just buy the fiio k3 compact as a home solution for my speakers. and get the btr3 as a BT solution and connect it to the aux input on the speakers. i like good sound but don't feel like my ears are adequately tuned to hear the upgrade in sound.
Top Bottom