Recent content by Rantenti

1. Rantenti

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Ah, then it seems it is not a rare or isolated scenario that there is acoustic noise from the machines. Some manufacturers claim their amps are completely silent, and not "having a very low acoustic noise level". While the amount of noise does not impair listening experience at an 8 feet...
  2. Rantenti

May I ask which model are your monoblocks?
  3. Rantenti

Gain Settings of Amplifier (Purifi) with preamp

Many thanks for your explanation! I'm starting to understand this better. My main DAC is the the Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE (5.8Vrms XLR) and I've also got a Gustard X26 Pro (5Vrms). I have two preamps, the Holo Audio Serene with +6dB gain, and the Topping A90 in preamp mode, also +6dB in medium...
  4. Rantenti

Hi AnalogSteph, Thanks for your explanation and your efforts in finding the relevant specs. I looked at the specs but had no idea what information to extract to deduce the answers I need and your explanation was a great help! My main DAC is the the Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE (5.8Vrms balanced...
  5. Rantenti

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for my ignorance, just want to clarify a few concepts about the phrase "a strong preamplifier supporting a load of 2 to 4kOhm with a voltage ~ 10V RMS." 1. a load of 2-4 kOhm: is this talking about the input impedance of the amplifier that the preamp is commected...
  6. Rantenti

How much bass do I lose for DAC into low input impedance preamp?

Hello, I've read that one would lose bass if the input impedance of a preamp is less than 10 times the output impedamce of the DAC. Why is the general recommendation ten times? Is there a calculator or chart I can use to understand the actual loss of different frequencies in various output to...
  7. Rantenti

Thanks. The Holo Serene has two pairs of XLR outputs, one of which has an output of 17 Vrms and impedance of only 3ohms while the other pair is 40 ohms. The 3 ohms output impedance of the Serene preamp is really convenient to make it a good match with pretty much any amplifier.
  8. Rantenti

Thanks for your explanation. I really appreciate it. I went for the Sparkos edition as my end game amplifier as the product page said the Sparkos voltage regulators were superior in noise/ transient performance over TO-220 format regulators, which I guess are used in the S400ET "normal" version...
  9. Rantenti

Thanks. I must ask a dumb question. What is the bypass mode actually bypassing? I have the Sparkos version of the amplifier. Will the amp still be using the Sparkos SS3602 OPA & SS7815 + SS7915 Voltage Regulators in the same way in the bypass mode as in other configurations?
  10. Rantenti

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/blog-diy-audio/36-set-gain-bypass-on-purifi-amplifier-module-ampli.html I am quite confused about the gain & bypass mode choices. Audiophonics states that the bypass mode is relevant in cases where the Purifi amplifier is used with a strong preamplifier supporting...
  11. Rantenti

Hello dear ASR friends, I have a Holo Audio Serene Preamp and an Audiophonics HPA-S400et Amp on order for their excellent measurements and versatility. I have only used integrated amps before so I have no experience with amp- preamp matching. I have read that for the Purifi module in the amp...
  12. Rantenti

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Does the Pre90 have a fuse at the IEC inlet (like the A90) or inside the chassis? If it doesn't have a fuse, I need to make sure I have a fuse on the plug side of the mains cable before I plug it into the wall mains for safety.
  13. Rantenti

Thanks for the reply. The Purifi is newer AND cheaper than the NCore version for the 2 x 400W amp, while both being excellent, it's quite a no brainer choice to get the Purifi. I might get two monoblocks for my speakers. For the NCore stereo amps however, the HPA S500NC (999 EUR) is much...
  14. Rantenti

Sorry for my ignorance. How are the S400NC using NCore or the S400ET using Purifi different? Is one or the other objectively better in some way? Eg, lower distortion, better dynamics, less heat etc.
  15. Rantenti

Is the Keces S300 power amp a good match with Dynaudio Audience 42 speakers?

My Dynaudio has a sensitivity of 86 dB/w/m. Inputting "86 dB' and "80 watts" at distance of "10 feet" gives me 98.4 dB SPL at listening position. However, my speakers are 4 ohms and the amplifier power entry in SPL calculator seems to mean watts into 8 ohms speakers (if my understanding is...
Top Bottom