Recent content by Ralf Stocker

1. R

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

Size matters. JBL L100T is the best boom box. -64dB@20Hz https://www.hifi-wiki.de/index.php/JBL_L_100_T
  2. R

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

I know what's to blame: the silver plated transformer and the funny capacitors.
  3. R

Hifi Forum TDA-1541A DAC Review

The frequency response is linear +-0.5dB. Noise is at -96dB. THD at 0.0x%. This is all beyond the limits of perception since 1980.
  4. R

Hifi Forum TDA-1541A DAC Review

There is no audible difference between CD players. Of course, DACs have gotten better over the 40 years. 20dB less THD etc. But it is not audible.
  5. R

MT-ViKI MT-431AV 4 Way Switch Review

I don't understand how you can only achieve -30dB with a mechanical switch? All electrical engineering laws must have been violated here. China trash!
  6. R

Schiit Loki Mini+ Equalizer Review

A beautifully designed Baxandal circuit brings enjoyment and joy into your life.
  7. R

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

This raises the general question of which ear survives 1 watt and more.
  8. R

I think the Benchmark HPA4 is better.
  9. R

Are there photos of the inside?
  10. R

Leaf Audio PA-03 MKII Review (Tube Preampifier)

I wonder why people buy devices with tubes? Worst sound ever.
  11. R

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

It is known from switched mode PSUs that leakage currents are always present at the outputs, especially at ground. How does that work with these amplifiers?
  12. R

Cybershaft Platinum Review (External Clock & PS)

US $1,457??? I built something like this myself for a few 100 Euros. No snake oil alert!
  13. R

Rotel RB-1070 Amplifier Review

The main problem with these toroidal transformers amps is the hum pickup, which can be seen in the poor thd+n readings in every test. Is there a way to shield it?
  14. R

Six Acoustics York Review (phono pre-amp)

Maybe. If you have a DAC with double zero THD and one with triple zero THD, and a speaker with 5% THD, then you won't hear any difference. The speaker dominates.
  15. R

Six Acoustics York Review (phono pre-amp)

You don't really need to test a phono preamps. The distortion of a cartridge is 3 to 10%. The quality doesn't matter.
Top Bottom