Recent content by raistlin65

1. raistlin65

This audio cable business is getting out of hand...

Agreed. Once they lay those cards down, it's pretty clear they thought the jack of spades in their hand was a queen, and the five of diamonds a five of hearts. Definitely someone you want to play cards with if you want to take advantage of them...err sell them snake oil audio products. :D
  2. raistlin65

TempoTec Sonata BHD, a better budget option than the HD Pro?

Well, if you are going to use it just as a DAC connected to a headphone amp or speaker amp, the S8 will sense enough resistance to go into high gain mode. To fool it into high gain mode when using it with low impedance headphones is easy. Leave an extension plugged into it. When the S8 is...
  3. raistlin65

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I wish I knew how to easily make a fake, untraceable ebay account. Then we could all create one and run the bidding up to $100K :D
  4. raistlin65

What are we listening to right now..

When you do, could you please catalog all of the songs, with links to videos when possible, in a sortable spreadsheet? :D:D:D
  5. raistlin65

As a Zeppelin fan, great to hear a cover by another equally great talented singer as Robert Plant I do think the vocals could be a bit more forward in the mix.
  6. raistlin65

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Did you notice his equipment room/testing room looks to be a basement? So much equipment. And so many hard reflective surfaces between concrete floors and concret walls :facepalm:
  7. raistlin65

Good open-back ~$200-ish headphone?

I saw your review earlier this morning. Interesting headphone. Looks like DT880 has a competitor with removable cables. I do not understand why Beyerdynamic has not updated the DT770, DT880, and DT990 models to use removable cables.
  8. raistlin65

Made the mistake of checking out the ProStudioMasters sale page. Oscar Peterson: Exclusively for My Friends Live (among others) found my credit card. lol
  9. raistlin65

Trailer for Denis Villeneuve's Dune

I wonder if that date will hold. Tenet has been doing terrible at the box office, it is apparently a good movie. Studio execs might not be ready to postpone Dune until spring at this moment. But they might be a month from now.
  10. raistlin65

Maybe accidentally put an extra zero in and didn't know how to withdraw the bid? Or someone's girlfriend is pissed off and logged in with their Ebay account and made the bid. lol
  11. raistlin65

Recommendation: Putting together a new desktop audio system

HD6XX are sort of the other extreme from the Grado SR60. Dark sounding with some midbass emphasis. I suspect you might be happier with the Sundara.
  12. raistlin65

I guess I ought to put one up for sale with a $1500 starting bid. In case that guy loses that one :D
  13. raistlin65

I would not rely heavily on that preference list. It's not as reliable as you probably think it is. See @solderdude dude comments in the first page in this discussion...
  14. raistlin65

Grados are easy to drive. A Tempotec Sonata HD Pro dongle for $40 will more than do the job https://www.amazon.com/TempoTec-Sonata-HD-PRO-Android/dp/B084YX4MZD/ It is the same as the HIDISZ S8 (different enclosure/different branding). It measures as well as the best $200 desktop amp/DAC stacks...
Top Bottom