Recent content by Rahan

1. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

I have recived the mindsp flex htx. I tried the 705 as centre With the 708 as L&R. My listening position is 2.5m from the centre. The 705 hight passed at 80hz handle it perfectely. ! Until now no red clip what so ever. Amazing what this small box can do.
  2. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

Minidsp flex ht x. You could do exactly what you want. And you can still upgrade to 5.2 later if you want.
  3. Rahan

Help with fomo - JBL 4645C Subwoofer

I hightpassed it at 20 Hz with the crown as recommended by JBL. I eq with a software for room correction and bass boost. 20 Hz is deep enough for me. I guess you can have deeper with other sub but I don't feel the need personally. The fac that it is loud is great because it can remains clean as...
  4. Rahan

Help with fomo - JBL 4645C Subwoofer

I have the same bass set up. Jbl 4645c with xls 1502 It rocks my world. Bass are clean, and impacfull. Hard to beat pricewise. But indeed, it's huge. in a domestic environment the spl capacity is basically limitless. It's sooo fun to me. I use it as a home theatre sub as well as a HiFi one. It...
  5. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

Definilely I'll try a 705 as a centre channel as soon as my minidsp HTx arrive. I'll let you know if it does the job. The 880 array is really tempting. I love the way it looks.
  6. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

I'll try with a 705p but I like to watch movies with quiet immersive loudness. If a 705 can handel it, so bit, (that would be awsome). But i doubt it. The C211 seems nice but definitely too big If a 708 doesn't fit, imagine a C211. Moving the sub somewhere else could be an option that would make...
  7. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

I m n Thank you but keep in mind that I am not your child. If my question bothers you, don't answer.
  8. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

Thank you. I've checked the 880 array review and this convinced me that this is the kind of speaker I need. My set up is only a double seat 3 m away from the future Center speaker. So the narrow horizontal directivity is no issue. And the 705 won't play loud enough. The meyer sound seems...
  9. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

So for you guys a jbl scl-6 is crap?
  10. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

Well you guys seem to think that's not a good idea. But could you give arguments? Obviously a 708 doesn't fit under my screen it would have been too easy . I don't want to put it on the side. A single 705 won't match my front 708 in spl capabilities.
  11. Rahan

JBL 705P / 708P

I'm thinking of building a centre channel based en 705/708 compression driver and two boomers from 705 with active crossover. I made a really quick photoshop of the idea. Off course I would put the horn horizontally. What do you think?
  12. Rahan

JBL 708i Monitor Review (Passive: Part 1)

I did my own filters and it works great. I'm thinking about filling the port to avoid the bad resonance between 500 and 1khz. My speakers are Hightpassed off course.
  13. Rahan

JBL 708P Review (Professional Monitor)

same woofer size . the room won't be the criteria for choosing here.
  14. Rahan

JBL 708i Monitor Review (Passive: Part 1)

Do you think it' s realy important to start with jbl dsp preset even on single wire configuration and then do the room correction. Or should I start from scratch and make my target curve with REW then make all filtres from that.?
  15. Rahan

JBL 705P Studio Monitor Review

In this world I keep my self far from price range comparison. Most manifacture fix their retail price without correlation on the building price. If Wilson audio can sell this sh$t at any price it should make us think twice. To me we should compare : use (near/mid/far) connectivity and...
Top Bottom