Recent content by rah

1. R

Noise at high end of volume output on Cyrus Pre aCA7.5 preamp

Hi all, I recently bought a Cyrus Pre aCA7.5 preamp on eBay. I have a DAC going into an integrated amp. In preparation for an impending switch from the integrated amp to a new power amp, I've taken to putting the integrated amp's volume to maximum and using the volume control on the DAC. I...
  2. R

Cheap Chinese optical SPDIF switches

That's great, I was looking at sox just before you sent this, thanks :-)
  3. R

Thanks. Seeing as you're doing J-Tests as well, can I ask what the source of the wave forms was for your test?
  4. R

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what you used as the source for these waves in your test?
  5. R

What exactly does that graph show? Is each plot an FFT of a sample from an ADC fed by a DAC fed by the device under test? Also, what exactly do the graphs for your Jtest results show? Thanks.
  6. R

Could you possibly explain how you do that? I tried searching the web for "how to do a Jtest" but found nothing useful.
  7. R

Here you're distinguishing between two different things: jitter and noise floor. In the write-up of your tests, you listed two "Jtest"s, are these tests of jitter? If so, how does that test work? As I understand SPDIF, the clock timing is encoded into the data signal and the receiver recovers...
  8. R

In this test, you've compared the HDMI output of a laptop converted to Toslink with the USB output, presumably of the same laptop, again converted to Toslink. In the frequency analysis you see more noise with the HDMI output converted to Toslink. Why have you attributed that noise to jitter in...
  9. R

Hi, I'm considering buying a cheap Chinese optical SPDIF switch like one of these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000105840424.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000116739399.html Ordinarily I steer clear of dirt cheap stuff but that's in the analogue domain. In the digital domain...
Top Bottom