Recent content by raest

1. R

TOPPING PA7

thank you captain obvious. did you know water is wet?
  2. R

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

i would look at it this way: the relatively new and modern Hypex is used in a wide variety of implementations, all within spec, nothing fancy or exotic really to "squeeze" out every db of pointless [as in, it's already more than transparent enough for 99,999% use cases] SINAD for the ridiculous...
  3. R

TOPPING PA7

their handling of the situation does not warrant the financial support of buying any further products, particularly not early (read under 2 years) in their lifetime [and considering they constantly "update" their lineup, discontinuing stuff and introducing new products, that practically means ever]
  4. R

TOPPING PA7

PA7 already, huh... after the PA5 utter fiasco, i'm only expecting for this to measure great, get the highest recommendations, to "change the game" even more, but be an utter failure of a product for us consumers. Popping will need to do a lot to start regaining my trust. a lot
  5. R

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

isn't @boXem | audio in Europe? he also does Hypexes and Purifies and i'm pretty sure with vat+shipping, it's cheaper than Buckeye here in EU and "verified" here as being great. there's others who do it as well. i remember having a dutch company offering less aesthetically pleasing cases with...
  6. R

nice nonargument you have there, care to move production to China so we can flood the internet with it? :rolleyes: if that wasn't clear from my other posts, i don't care WHERE something is made. the most important part of production is not location, but QC (and i have defended "made in china"...
  7. R

getting the next product "up the ladder" when the one discussed here will inevitably fail, expecting said failure, and willing to buy again from a brand whose only point of existence seems to be pointless SINAD chasing waaay past audibility while providing waaaay less than most of the...
  8. R

and this, folks, is why we can't have nice things
  9. R

Integrated that can subjectively compete with Benchmark stack?

get some tinnitus! silence will never be the same again :P
  10. R

A new trend on amplifier performance

i would really, really like to try a trip on the hallucinogens WhatHiFi uses. from the looks of it, they sound pretty awesome!
  11. R

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

your sarcasm detector is broken. there are NO subtle difference with cables. well made or otherwise. and as Tony has already said, that's not how that works you're hearing what you're wanting to hear if the difference were truly night and day, it should be easily measured and detected with a...
  12. R

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

just like my wife who isn't an audiophile can tell the difference when i swap speaker cables... from 3 rooms away! and she was wearing headphones! the difference was night and day! trust me, that's how cables work...
  13. R

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

oh man... even a supposed science-based Audioholics touts biwiring as something of relevance and use to the point they pointed out the lack of biwiring posts as a negative on a review they did not that long ago about higher end Focals (can't remember if Kantas or Sopras) that's why i have great...
  14. R

Soncoz SGP1

it's power amp to power amp. can't get more apples to apples than that. where the company decides to source the components or whether it's designing them in-house is ultimately irrelevant. you're buying the end product, not the r&d and management process. if it cost them so much to develop with...
  15. R

Soncoz SGP1

lol. it was a difficult sell at 1100. at 1500 it's just... can't even say it without the risk of getting banned :D
Top Bottom