Recent content by Radixons

1. Radixons

Help interpreting phase/SPL correlation

This is interesting. Will you keep us posted on the outcome of your efforts in terms of successful strategy and equipment used? I am also interested in conducting response measurements and would hope to participate in your realisations.
  2. Radixons

Understanding the requirements of sub-sub bass.

That is a good question, actually. In my own listening experiments, subwoofers are more about room positioning, phase alignment, and exact crossover integration with the other components of the system than size. At least for the purpose of audiophile listening, smaller diameter woofers will be...
  3. Radixons

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

Some of the world’s most profitable speakers manufacturers design no-linearity into their products to beat the competition in the showroom. Not in HighEnd so much where people will insist on auditioning at home.
  4. Radixons

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

Come on, it happens all the time. The unit that was the big winner in the auditions turns out to be the loser at home. Great sound effects are often a great bore in the long run.
  5. Radixons

Our systems cost money, so we might as well enjoy them. Since it is audio equipment, the joy of listening is a substantial part of it?
  6. Radixons

Yes, I get that. However, A/B comparisons can fall short of the WOW-factor. My biggest indicator of success is listening over time. I stick with the version that gives me greater pleasure over time. Ear fatigue is a good indication that something is not yet right.
  7. Radixons

Ear over brains. The audiophile motto. 100% with you.
  8. Radixons

I had no intension to deflect. High frequency interference coming from the grid will lead to an audibly poorer performance of audio equipment while they are pre-power supply. I have installed a parallel noise eater and ferrite clamps on the power cables to less the effect. The result is better...
  9. Radixons

Listening enjoyment without stumbling over tonal imbalance does not qualify as 'the basic experiment'? How else should I determine my success in setting up a system, if my own ears cannot play a role in this?
  10. Radixons

Good point. It could be from the difference in available power to the DAC that the resulting musical output supported by the linear power supply had a better deep end and was less leaning towards hash and bright.
  11. Radixons

Well, I guess you are familiar with the effects of EMI on power supplies and the traceability in music, right? This would be such a case in point.
  12. Radixons

Have you ever measured the noise on a components power rail? No, I have not. I am not experienced in conducting measurements myself. The only measurements we conducted were with my engineer friend on the power distributor strip. He himself doubts the effects of such interference on music much...
  13. Radixons

Interference to the power line does not come out as this same interference to the signal, agreed. However, it does influence the equation that is to be music. I have learned that great setups can make gear invisible. If we get to this point using a DSP, all is OK. But we get to this point...
  14. Radixons

Yes, I can see that you guys are leaning toward the scientific. Most of my friends are too, and you can imagine that we have long nights. ;)
Top Bottom