Recent content by radix

1. radix

I measured 10 subwoofers.

I have the SB-2000 and the Micro 3000. The SB-2000 is a different league than the micro 3000. I use 2x SB-2000 now. But in other rooms I have used the micro 3000 as a 2nd sub and it does a very good job filling in the room nulls where needed. As @Willem said, adding the SB-2000 as the main...
  2. radix

Subwoofer Comparison

Did you see this in the Pioneer manual?
  3. radix

Subwoofer Comparison

That's why I'd recommened measuring with rew + umik. You want to know what problem to solve first. Subs are sensitive to room geometry (size, shape, their position). It may be that moving the sub to the side a few feet or putting it on a different wall or rotating it or elevating it solves...
  4. radix

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Stephen Luck Mosko Mia Zapata
  5. radix

Subwoofer Comparison

Sub integration is not so easy by ear for the non-expert. Learning umik + rew might be worth the time. Or upgrading to a newer AVR for better automatic integration. It will be even harder with two subs. do one or the other or both first, before spending more on subs. I'm sure there's how-to...
  6. radix

Searching for a CD player and a tape deck

Would you want to use the "CD input" (RCA) or the "Digital In" (coax or optical)? How important is appearance? Do you want to to coordinate with the Yahama looks? The Yamaha CD players would keep the same look as your integrated and likely use the same remote (which is important to me).
  7. radix

Subwoofer Comparison

Here's the PB-3000 vs the SB13-Ultra. I doubt it will make much difference to you unless you really are listening at very high volume. 2dB at 20 Hz or 3dB at 15 Hz. Yeah, at 25-50 Hz it's a lot more power. But you need to know if that's actually an issue for how loud you listen.
  8. radix

Subwoofer Comparison

Sealed subs are smaller, and I think, prettier (lots of exceptions). In my room, I have limited space, so I use 2x SB-2000s. Each extra sub will add +3dB. Ported subs are generally considered better for sound effects and movies, and they do can put out more umph for those explosions and...
  9. radix

Subwoofer Comparison

I use ARCG on my Anthem STR preamp. I've posted measurements in the measurements thread. I found it simple to use, but harder to tweak. I did do several rounds of ARCG + REW. I ended up doing some sub correction in the subs themselves, as I could not figure out how to make ARCG do what I...
  10. radix

Recommend an Amp + Preamp for Revel F208 speakers (with DIRAC)

NAD has many products with DIRAC, but I'm not sure which would be in your budget. I've not used any of them. https://nadelectronics.com/dirac-live/ The Anthem STR series has ARC (not DIRAC). I like their user interface better than minidsp, but it's not DIRAC. You can name inputs with a real...
  11. radix

Streamer recommendation (not WiiM Pro)

If you are using the digital out of the Wiim, you could even use the Wiim mini. I don't think the DAC chip comes into play. There are many settings in the Wiim app for the device. You might want to make sure the EQ is off and your SPDIF/COAX resolution is something reasonable like 48 khz/16...
  12. radix

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

They will have different input sensitivities (i.e. the preamp output level required to drive at the same output power) if you are using analog in. If using digital, should not really be a difference.
  13. radix

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

From what I could see, he uses two DMMs, one for voltage and one for amps. They look like inexpensive meters. He should be aware that putting an inexpensive amp meter in-line with a 6-ohm load will not work. It likely has at least a few ohms series resistance. That will throw off both his...
  14. radix

Break from Tekton Thread

You could try the Tekton BBQ products https://pin.it/5dqJvx065
  15. radix

Mark Levinson or Accuphase

Welcome. Congrats on the E4000. I think the Wiim pro plus is great for your setup. You do not need a volume control or multiple inputs and such, that's the E4000s job. Though if you want a display screen, I could see going with something besides the Wiim (I find the display screens somewhat...
Top Bottom