Recent content by radio3

1. R

Any upcoming AV processors?

Ok, but if you have Atmos and two subs then you need at least 11 channels, or in my case 13. No? I was actually thinking it might look more like a two channel unit splitting and managing the single sub output.
  2. R

Anyone know if it is possible to use Minidsp products to augment a processor that doesn’t have DLBC it in order to affect an equivalent result?
  3. R

How long? My impression is that if it is for cables running to main stage of football stadium or in extremely hostile electronic environments then obviously that’s what xlr is for, but in a regular household seems totally unnecessary though I’m open to being convinced otherwise. I’ll be making...
  4. R

If you ask me, the Rotel processors look pretty great for the money. Can’t imagine needing balanced cables in a normal home (they’re for recording studios jam packed with electronics gear). In fact I prefer the compactness of RCA. The Rotel is half the price of SDP55. The only thing it seems...
  5. R

Apple Announces Next-Generation M1 Pro and M1 Max Chips

I actually have a Threadripper Pro machine that cost over 12,000 USD and I’m envious of the Ultra.
  6. R

Genelec options for dedicated home theater.

Yes I am definitely using 8341 for all LCR. The question is whether or not 8320s might be enough for sides and rears, given a distance of say 1.5-2m.
  7. R

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

I wish Genelec would get into consumer stuff as well and come out with a GLM that includes Dirac Live or Dirac Unison. My jaw dropped first time I heard Dirac Live over mere room correction with REW. I can't see going back to just EQ after experiencing what seems like the obvious future.
  8. R

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

Don't you wish you had Dirac on everything rather than just on subwoofers?
  9. R

miniDSP Harmony 8x12 Car Audio Amplifier - Review and Measurements

Care to share what the rest of your components in car system are? Just curious.
  10. R

I know, for example those Integral Audio BMW Soundstage stereo systems apparently sound spectacular. However, I like to entertain with my car. Little parties in a way with friends, taking road trips, nights on town. That to me is where center channels and different dsp settings for diffent...
  11. R

My dream is to make an all active system centered around this exact unit. Can’t wait for multichannel audio to become available for cars (amazing that it still isn’t at all outside of oem system). I spend much more time listening to music in car than I do in living room. Even bought my...
  12. R

Genelec options for dedicated home theater.

Can anyone offer an opinion on the viability of using mere 8020s as surround and height speakers for 8341 LCR if using a pair of excellent subwoofers (e.g., Arendal 1723 2S)? I could even do 7.2.4 if that would help at all. It's just that the WAF for 8030s or larger on the rear surrounds is...
  13. R

Alternatives to Monolith HTP-1 for Dirac?

That's what made we wonder if it was going to be replaced. Why let stock run low and then out for 6 months otherwise? But maybe it is the chip shortage or something. I guess things are between the JBL SDP-55 and the HTP-1 for me then. I'll be running 5.4.4 Genelec monitors and Arendal subs...
  14. R

Revel W553L Measurements (In-wall Speaker)

I wonder if a kind of ideal is wall mount monitors (e.g., Genelec 8341) angled just right (even including down a tad to minimize floor reflections) for LCR and inwalls and in ceilings for all other channels. that’s just speaking on main speakers. Then on subwoofers inwalls and inceilings have...
  15. R

Revel W553L Measurements (In-wall Speaker)

Would be interesting to see how the Elac Debut in-walls compare.
Top Bottom