Recent content by Ra1zel

1. Ra1zel

boXem @ Purité Audio

Probably the nicest looking out of the sea of purifi/hypex boxes, nice job on the design Mr. Frederick. I like the orange too.
  2. Ra1zel

New mysterious Genelec monitors

He needs 7 to make a multichannel setup
  3. Ra1zel

Pretty much, you could maybe convince a wilson customer that Genelec is just as good but he still will buy Wilson. You won't impress your rich audiophile friends otherwise and that's how this business rolls. Well at least some high end brands make good measuring speakers like Magico.
  4. Ra1zel

Not like wilson consumers care, wilson does what their target customers desire
  5. Ra1zel

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

Perhaps that's why they always sounded muddy and "messy" to me despite the overall tonality, interesting.
  6. Ra1zel

Vivid Audio Moya M1-World's first 8-woofer force -canceling speaker

Knowing Vivid they probably sound pretty decent for a passive, this is a proper engineering and measurement oriented company. But they also certainly compete for the ugliest speakers ever made.
  7. Ra1zel

Why NCx500 isn't necessarily an upgrade

Mediocre and broken but on ASR only, in any "secure" blind test transparent
  8. Ra1zel

Vera Audio midrange horn - polar measurements

It's quite regrettable that compression driver tech is not advancing at the same pace as direct radiatiors and thus running one driver all the way up still has some fundamental issues
  9. Ra1zel

HiFi Technology Flatlined Last Century

I see it this way. Let's say there are multiple lines of progress that converge to push the boundary of audio, or anything else for that matter. Personally I would highlight mechanical-material progress that slowed down immensely once financial giants like Yamaha, Sony, etc. opted out of high...
  10. Ra1zel

Tom Danley’s new Hyperion

Hey the cool thing about science is that nothing stops you from conducting your study, proving your hypothesis with evidence and publishing a paper that will become a staple in audio science for decades. Good luck.
  11. Ra1zel

New Purifi amplifiers coming

I don't have a direct proof of how good are the Weiss op amps but their new flagship DAC the Helios uses them in the output stage... it's also the best measuring DAC in stereophile ever with estimated ENOB of 21.5 bits. Guess they can't be that bad if this DAC would top the chart here on ASR.
  12. Ra1zel

Tom Danley’s new Hyperion

Because on a science oriented website we recognize that that raw response is rather useless and use of psychoacoustic smoothing is very rational.
  13. Ra1zel

Lange @ Purité Audio?

I swear speaker design is going backwards at this point
  14. Ra1zel

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

What would you consider a better alternative for perfect channel balance then
  15. Ra1zel

Does anyone have a Williamson tube amplifier?

Today we an simply do so much better with a tube amp if you are willing to introducesome complexity: better loading methods (CCS, mu follower), regulation of supplies, shunt regulation, quality of parts higher than ever before. Even transformers if you are willing to splurge can be on a level...
Top Bottom