Recent content by qec

1. Q

Looking for a DAC to pair with Pixel 7 Pro to Car Aux

I'm using a Topping BC3 connected via Bluetooth to my Pixel phone using LDAC BT. It works great for me and tested well here. It is battery based so I charge it about once a week via USB-C.
  2. Q

Passive DIY sub integration

Do you have evidence that the DSP in the Dayton plate amp is poorly designed or measures poorly? I would be curious to read more about that.
  3. Q

Passive DIY sub integration

If you need an amp to drive it why not just put a plate amp on your sub? I recently built the Parts Express 8" sub with 250W plate amp that also has DSP support. You will end up with a much cleaner look. I'm sure the plate amp does not measure as well as Hypex module but for this application...
  4. Q

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Well it was great while it lasted. After about 6 months of flawless function my PA5 lost it's left channel this morning. Started out as static or hissing which was independent of volume and then the channel went completely. Need to contact Topping. Hoped that I purchased it from APOS Audio...
  5. Q

Why are 1970's receivers so valuable now?

I too love the look. This is my office setup. Marantz 2245 driven by Topping DX3pro+ and my work laptop.
  6. Q

Compact Class D Amp Recommendations For Elac DBR-62

I'm running my DBR-62's with a Topping PA5. I too also have a powered subwoofer. Three months so far and very happy with it. My only complaint is the form factor. I wish it was rack with like the rest of my components.
  7. Q

Balanced dac recommendation with bluetooth <$1000

Topping EX5 meets all of your needs I believe. $350 will leave you with plenty left over
  8. Q

Help me choose a DAC: Topping EX5, SMSL DO200, with less high pitch noise

Mine does not run hot but it is warm. Guessing some of that may be the power supply.
  9. Q

Help me choose a DAC: Topping EX5, SMSL DO200, with less high pitch noise

I have both a EX5 and DX3 Pro+. I can't tell the different from a sound stand point. The EX5 has balanced outputs and MQA support. Neither are available on the DX3. They both support LDAC BT and both have remotes. I don't use either as a headphone amp so I can't comment on that. There is a...
  10. Q

Recommended Dacs for PA5

I'm too late to the party but I use an EX5 with my PA5 as well. However the EX5 goes into a preamp then to the PA5 so I was not concerned about output levels. The EX5 puts out 4.3 volts so you should be ok.
  11. Q

Listening to music via Aptx Adaptive bluetooth speakers

I assume your speakers are powered and currently have bluetooth input as an option supporting Aptx. Most if not all of the Klipsch speakers also support optical as well. If you are really concerned you can get a streaming device and pick up a digital optical out from the streamer and drive the...
  12. Q

Carver M-1.5t Review (Vintage Amp)

I have an Adcom GFA-555 currently sitting on a shelf but the cost to ship it to the west coast and back makes the whole operation expensive.
  13. Q

I had no problem using RCA to TS however it is all comes down to voltage output levels from the DACs RCA connection.
  14. Q

class D Amp recomendation for ELAC DBR62, under 300$

I'm currently running my DBR62's with the Topping PA5. I had it for about 10 days. It replaced an Adcom GFA555 amp (200 watts into 8ohms) which stopped working (I've since fixed it). Both are used in combination with a DSP based powered subwoofer which takes some of the load off the amp. I...
  15. Q

PA5 showed up tonight. Did a quick check of sound and realized that I need to readjust my subwoofer to get everything sounding right. I now have to dial in both my pre amp volume level and that of the PA5 along with the DSP controls on the sub. It was easier with the Adcom 555 amd... Sound...
Top Bottom