Recent content by q3cpma

1. q3cpma

New French on line !

Very cool and nice to see you using t.amps, those are really dirt cheap, even compared to Behringer. Any measurements to share?
  2. q3cpma

Back into audio after retiring...(tl;dr Help!)

Either a pair of Neumann KH420 (6000€ without VAT) or (Neumann KH120 or Genelec 8030C) * 2 + (Neumann KH750DSP or Genelec 7350A) * 2 which should be around 2500~2700€. The problem is: the Neumann sub needs an iPad application to be fully useable, which is just pathetic for pro equipement and the...
  3. q3cpma

Is nonlinear distortion of (small) speakers unimportant??

As I said, size and clean bass do matter a lot but subwoofers exist. It's just that the word "toy" seems improper when comparing something like a rock solid Genelec (even if small) and a big hifi speaker that is often unreliable and prone to be broken by the elements (cats, children, clumsy...
  4. q3cpma

Help explain intersample overs, please?

Isn't all that jazz the reason true peak measurement exist in some replaygain scanners?
  5. q3cpma

Genelec dates back to 1978. It's just that the more engineering minded crowd is starting to understand that the pro market is simply less (just less) full of it.
  6. q3cpma

Is nonlinear distortion of (small) speakers unimportant??

Using a ~90€ pair of speakers to prove that all "small" speakers are just toys is nothing more than a strawman. Compare with something like the KH80DSP or 8020D and you'd have a point, since almost everyone here agree that you can't find better at that size. Anyway, I don't think anybody will...
  7. q3cpma

Only two big advice I can consider: * Really look at active solutions, the technology is just better. Especially if you don't already have an expensive amplifier. * If you go passive, just understand that well designed amplifiers have a negligible amount of distorsion compared to the speakers...
  8. q3cpma

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

The 8C is not so new age, mostly a combination of already existing stuff. It's basically a less cardioid ME Geithain with lots of woofers and DSP tacked on. The Kii and especially the Grimm are more interesting to me.
  9. q3cpma

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

Incredible. But if I were spending this kind of money, I'd go right for the 8351B. That SPL thing is kind of strange when Genelec says: and it says the bass amplifier provides 250 W.
  10. q3cpma

The deaf leading the blind? A piece by Henning Møller (B&K)

How about showing a concrete example with the measurements you talked about?
  11. q3cpma

Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speaker Review

When you've seen the results of Toole, yeah. Unless those preferences are visible blind-tested, those are just in their mind. The fact that you're mixing stuff that is provably inaudible (like DACs, unless those are completely botched) and stuff that isn't doesn't serve your point. The real...
  12. q3cpma

JBL One Series 104 Powered Monitor Review

Well, you still have their own, which are usually accurate.
  13. q3cpma

JBL One Series 104 Powered Monitor Review

Not a fan of nitpicking, but the 8351B should be way better than the A; especially for that astronomical price.
  14. q3cpma

You don't know such a thing, and in the case of SOS, that's doubtful. I say that because they usually don't do measurements, so I presume the did to double-check what they heard. In any case, what you're arguing is that it's not always audible, but I'm arguing that's it's not always inaudible...
  15. q3cpma

Well, it's not completely scientific, but come one, man, that's not the same as the usual audiophile imagination, they're saying they hear something that's actually there. In any case, there are some areas like that one where I would avoid ignoring religiously; but that's okay, since that kind...
Top Bottom