Recent content by q3cpma

1. q3cpma

Desktop DAC + near field monitors/powered speakers

Ah yeah. Can't find them anywhere here, though.
  2. q3cpma

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

What is "crossover distorsion"? If you mean distorsion at the crossover point, it has nothing to do with the crossover itself but drivers playing out of their comfort zone. Thus, moving the crossover even higher will make this distorsion even worse; not to mention IMD.
  3. q3cpma

Genelec G Three / 8030C as TV speakers

There's a knob to adjust input sensitivity behind; I just hope that using non balanced connections won't bring you any unwanted noise. By the way, I'm sure you already know, but the 8030C is a small 5" with low internal volume, a subwoofer might be a good idea if you sit far away.
  4. q3cpma

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

Hmmm, if you plan on buying GLM speakers after that, it may be a good idea. Because the price difference is still quite high. To compare, a pair of 8030C is 1040€ while the 8330 + GLM is 1880€.
  5. q3cpma

The perfect speaker is room dependent - wide vs. narrow directivity and more

Wide dispersion thus more reflections may sound better, but it's certainly not about fidelity to the recording.
  6. q3cpma

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

In this case, while the 8350A is one of the best options, the smoother omnidirectional response of a well designed 3-way speaker will matter a lot to you.
  7. q3cpma

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

Personally, I'd get (well, I already have) the 8030C and wait for enough money to get the 8351B or 8341A (or any other 3-way). The 8340A isn't as good as the 8350A in everything (not only volume and LF extension) due to the tweeter getting too small (8x50 got a 1" instead of 3/4") thus crossing...
  8. q3cpma

Genelec 83x0 vs 83x1

I hope it's nice, as it's 400€ here. You can get a Topping D10S that doesn't need any external power with a Canare impedance adapter for 135€.
  9. q3cpma

Desktop DAC + near field monitors/powered speakers

The Eve are quite nice, according to their spec; they even have an optical in, which you can use. You also have the Genelec 8010A, which are not that expensive in Europe (530€/pair); but you'll need RCA -> XLR cables.
  10. q3cpma

State-of-the-art audio interfaces

You forget an important point in your remarks: the Babyface only needs USB power and it has a cool LED level thing.
  11. q3cpma

Well, I don't really know what you're talking about, so I can't really give you any advice. Maybe you dislike the lack of directivity in the midbass, characteristic of small (so narrow, in absolute value) cabinets.
  12. q3cpma

Don't know about "boxed", but the KH120A is objectively one of the loudest 5" with JBL's humougous 705p/i.
  13. q3cpma

Desktop Active Speaker Recommendations

Well, the thread title does say "active speaker".
  14. q3cpma

Reviewer's Music

While dynamic range (meaning high SPL peaks) is very useful to hear low distorsion and compression designs, I don't think that's all. My recommendations is to try these types in addition: * Complex orchestral music, very often the one with high DR. My pick: Richard Strauss's Eine Alpensinfonie...
Top Bottom