Recent content by Purpletrees

1. P

Is lossy outdated in 2019 & onwards?

I did go read the listening tests samples on HA where i show industrial/metal struggling. Sunn O))) Killer sample - Dead body collection, Merzbow, The Haters LOL, HA removed my industrial samples were it needed above 160kbps to sound great. What a joke i show exotic music that stresses them...
  2. P

And it's been done before as Wavpack hybrid which was in 2000. The sounds better bit is pretty rich when noisy/complex audio(1200Kbps flac) can break them very easily since there no real psychoacoustic model being used. A CD quality lossless still better or even a V0 Lame encode.
  3. P

Yeah 90% of the activity is them abusing TOS#8 when people pour in showing how easy they can break. To me AAC/Vorbis aren't even transparent at 256kbps with industrial music/experimental and metal music.
  4. P

Ever since i switched to Flac wither on my PC or portable. I never understood the arguments by pro lossy users and even HA forums. Since they get super rude when lossy can't cover all music without issues even Opus still groans on some content.
  5. P

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

They should be a extra to objective review, Too many let there biases cloud everything or be stupid. Like so many giving Etymotic knocks for not being bassy/V shaped or pretending that they can hear the XR's 0.7 - 1% when that's at 90db.
  6. P

I was talking about the AKG 702 not the Drop version.
  7. P

Human beliefs sure are weird. Why is it so difficult to get audiophiles to accept the existence of perceptual bias?

Ah HA forums the place that gives objectivists a bad rep. I tried posting there once i was told to shut up when i having issues with AAC/Vorbis artifacting way more than V0 Lame and 160kbps Musepack/Opus. Not to mention going on how Nero AAC is dead when it still 100 times better than crappy FHG...
  8. P

Can we trust our ears?

I must be the rare few who can't tell V0/320k MP3 but can with AAC and vorbis??. All my complex electro and some ambient either sound off or just artifact central but totally clean on 320k/V0 Lame 99% of the time. But at this point i rather stick with lossless since a 512GB memory card i want...
  9. P

The AKG 700 line up I've heard has HD800 qualities like wide soundstage. As for the SE535 i got that info from a Head fi thread, Were he did EQ tweaks that made them open up especially the W40 which is pretty coloured...
  10. P

Can we trust our ears?

To my own ears Opus is fully transparent at 96kbps to me even with some harder electro. But with metal, ambient, experimental its fine.
  11. P

Can we trust our ears?

Radio and TV/DVD were lossy, any dolby digital stereo soundtrack was 192kbps while Radio was usually MP3 . I highly doubt people can even tell a 80kbps Opus 1.3 in a DBT, yet everyone is fine with 256kbps AAC/Vorbis for streaming. Even with good headphones/speakers. Nearly 90% of games used...
  12. P

Can we trust our ears?

Never understood audiophiles who get offended that modern lossy codecs are fantastic for there job and DAP/Phones that are limited to 64GB. To my ears i can't tell Apple AAC at 144kbps from lossless and sounds way better than vorbis and MP3 needs 192k+ to shine.
  13. P

Coming from V/U shaped IEM's, i wish i got the ER4SR or before 2016 a ER4S much sooner since it a fantastic neutral/accurate headphone. Never understood why anemic is always used to describe them when i find it a farce. How +6db is the standard and anything under it is bass light?, I never liked...
Top Bottom