Recent content by PurpaSmart

1. PurpaSmart

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Just got mine today. So far I really like em!
  2. PurpaSmart

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

I couldn't really tell any difference using my 400SE and 4XX.
  3. PurpaSmart

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

I just got my HE400Se today, they sound very similar to my 4XXs, The only difference I can pick out is the treble, which seems to be a bit "smoother" subjectively of course.
  4. PurpaSmart

Well, Im trying to take mine apart, the problem is I can't get the board to slide out, I think the volume knob I think is glued. I don't wanna risk damaging my unit.
  5. PurpaSmart

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

This DAC seems perfect for a TV setup, this along with a good class D amp that has a remote is all you really need.
  6. PurpaSmart

Desktop DAC/AMP, Loxjie A30, Sabaj A4 or Aiyima D03 ?

The Dac in the Loxjie is just OK, and the headphone out is only for easy to drive headphones. The Topping DX3+ and the SMSL A300 seem like a great combo. If you are not afraid of trying out unreviewed equipment you can try out the Topping MX3S. It's like the Loxjie A30 but seems to have a way...
  7. PurpaSmart

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

The noise floor was clearly audible on a variety of headphones. Eg (M40x, M1060, HE 4XX, SHP9500).
  8. PurpaSmart

TOPPING MX3s

I wonder how this compares to the Loxjie A30.
  9. PurpaSmart

For $99 this thing is great! It easily powers my HE 4XXs with high gain at 12 o'clock.
  10. PurpaSmart

Kef 104/2 Rebuild

I plan on doing the same. My dad has owned his kef 104.2's since the mid '80s. It would be nice to finally have them close to sounding from when they came out of the factory.
  11. PurpaSmart

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

I was using the a100 for several years for my headphones and my Elac B6's. I eventually got tired of hearing the super high noise floor and replaced it with a topping L50. I couldn't be more happy with that upgrade. No more noise! As for the Elacs, I ended up moving them off my desk since they...
  12. PurpaSmart

Philips SHP9500 are the best budget headphones

A couple of years ago I managed to buy the shp9500 for 50 USD, for that money they are pretty much unbeatable IMO. Very bass light though.
  13. PurpaSmart

Hafler DH-220 rebuild

Unfortunately, life got in the way. I had to give up the room where I did my work. I did get the amp running though, only for it to thermally shut down as it did before. I'm pretty sure it is one of the lateral mosfets, since one out of the four on the left channel gets super hot, thus causing...
  14. PurpaSmart

Dell XPS 8930 RealTek HD Audio Interface Review

I remember a motherboard manufacturer put a tube amp on its motherboard back in the mid 2000's... I wonder how that measures...
Top Bottom