Recent content by PureLIN

1. P

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Find answer here: http://hifireview.com.hk/20180307/trinnov-altitude-16%e2%80%a7av_processor/ They are using firewire ! An obvious legacy technology. The firewire adapter is install in PCIe slot with x1 speed. And the dice firewire receiver chip:
  2. P

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Just a random question, how does the PC board communicate with other boards? I don't see the PCIe slot been occupied, does they use USB?
  3. P

Neumann MT 48

The Monitor mission is just as same as Anubis from my experice by now. (MT48 add support for USB and ADAT/SPDIF of course). These limit is compare to Music Mission, so no complains to Neumann here. Anubis pro sps is expensive much more than MT48 from my local dealers, the old single port...
  4. P

Neumann MT 48

Monitor Mission is finally available, but there are some feature missing compare to Music Mission (even for Anubis, I checked the Anubis manual): 1. EQ is not available through webpage and no preset, so can't be imported, precision is limited to the touch screen input. 2. Fine precision is not...
  5. P

Neumann MT 48

Besides, if you want to have ability to update to atmos 7.1.4, AV receiver will be your only option for now, consumer atmos audio is only available through HDMI and same with DTSX, MT48 is for producer with raw 7.1.4 audio. For 7.1 audio from TV/game console is the same thing, but if all your...
  6. P

Neumann MT 48

All missions is running standlone MT48, both Music and Monitor. Monitor mission have bass management. Max 24 band each ch on Monitor mission Yes, using delay control. No, you need REW to generate the EQ for MT48. I think MT48 is overkill for your need if you don't use AoIP for multiple PC...
  7. P

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

What I'm trying to say is creating a reception device with RPI and a simple audio interface (USB,PCIE,I2S or whatever), that's much cheaper and RPI can act as DSP. I don't like it either, but for streaming realtime loseless audio, wireless is not stable enough (VBAN in VoiceMeeter support WIFI...
  8. P

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Just an idea: Ravenna/AES67 is pretty suitable for using as a streamer (If you can accpet some additional network cable and switchs), due to it's not like usb's host-client mode, it a point to point mode, you can have multiple audio source at same time(For example. connect to ROON server and...
  9. P

Neumann MT 48

In excel, use A for Freq,B for Gain, C for Q in Rew, and D will be =ROUND( (0.69955758 * POWER(1.00024008,A1)+15.04935167) * C1 / POWER(10,ABS(B1)/40),1) That will calculate the Q for MT48 for you. Please notice that the Freq, Gain and Q value may not able input precisely in UI, and that's why I...
  10. P

Neumann MT 48

The regression is done with python script, and I create another script for convert the REW export txt file into NeuMi snapshot file for importing it into MT48. Just export the EQ from REW with name EQ-L.txt/EQ-R.txt, run my script with python .\MT48-EQ.py and it will create the NeuMi file in...
  11. P

Neumann MT 48

No, it's a approximation with some errors (the error is small though). Since Merging is behind Neumann (actually I think all the firmware/software for MT48 is handled by merging), they could get the excact formula since have the Pyramix source code. Maybe they don't have time and formula it's...
  12. P

Genelecs fed with AES digital - unwanted clicks in audio

I think you don't understand what I means with "connected GLM", I means connect the 8341 to GLM adapter with net cable, but not if enable/bypass the calibration. The flashing LED is indicate my 8341 are rebooting, the GLM software will show my speaker keep offline and online when that happens...
  13. P

Neumann MT 48

BTW, the Q formula coming from regression analysis based on loopback measurement result: Input Q is the Generic EQ type in REW. def calculate_q(freq, gain, q): magic_number = 0.69955758 * pow(1.00024008, freq) + 15.04935167 return magic_number * q / pow(10, abs(gain) / 40) Should be good...
  14. P

Neumann MT 48

Just don't understand why they cut mixers count to 4 in music mission, that's a significant drawback compare to Anubis
  15. P

Genelecs fed with AES digital - unwanted clicks in audio

I have two 8341s which digital board are faulty: when connected GLM and feed them aes signal, 48k will have cracks rarely, 96k will increase times dramatically and 192k will make blink red light and audio continue drops, without GLM it works seems fine. Local dealer even don't reproduce problem...
Top Bottom