Recent content by Psycher1

1. P

Dan Clark Aeon Closed X - no bass, repaired and no change

Hello all, I kept feeling disappointed in the bass of these headphones. Reading up on these and similarly priced headphones by Dan Clark Audio (one of which was reviewed here: link) suggests that these should play well into sub-bass frequencies. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was...
  2. P

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

Chiming in to say that I have a pair of X-Statik. I like them, for what it's worth, but I had to EQ the hell out of it. That bass error is present. In fact, that graph the customer sent you of their 2nd x-voce looks exactly like my in-room response from my X-Static. In fact, I made a post about...
  3. P

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

Possible to do some kind of "waterfall" test? I'd be curious to see how capacitors holding on to energy might be relevant. I believe the term is Capacitor Discharge Time Constant, which describes how different capacitors hold energy for differing periods of time when asked to discharge. I...
  4. P

Is FR the only important measurement? Real life testing.

Hmm. I gotta say that this makes me a bit uncomfortable. I agree with everything, so I feel silly making a fuss about this, but I also agree with all the verbiages used to describe the tubes and sounds, especially the differences between the amp types. As a guitar player, I have experienced...
  5. P

EQ room correction, needfor chest thumping bass

Hello all, I just got set up with a MiniDSP Flex (No DIRAC). I wanted to play with the EQ for my 2.1 system. I played around with REW, averaging from different seated positions, and seeing how EQ changes did or did not affect how the speakers responded in the room. After playing around some...
  6. P

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Curious for a teardown, how are they bashing around the competition so badly for so little money? If it were easy, everybody would do it - what is going on in that little box?
  7. P

Mark Levinson No 5909 Headphone Review

I am curious if you've seen the RTings.com measurements? They have charts and targets/audibility thresholds for things like group delay and phase/amplitude/frequency mismatch (with targets relative to frequency, so some science is involved). Further, passive soundstage is measured in things I...
  8. P

GR Research

Fully understand, I am going through the exact same dilemma. But, I have some thoughts: 1 - Yes. I have his semi-open baffle X-Statik's. I love them. 2 - Yes. There are equations you can use to identify the rate they drop off. Audible? No idea, probably not.
Top Bottom