Recent content by psraj

1. P

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

I just replaced my Marantz 7706 with Anthem AVM 70. Definitely the sound stage has improved noticeably. The channel separation is better and dialogues sound more forward. ARC Genesis did a great job, though I had to tweak a few. I like the flexibility in ARC to create virtual interfaces. Also...
  2. P

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

No native MacOS support is a bummer. Hopefully they will release MacOS support... I am all Mac guy, not going to spend additional $$$ on a Windows laptop just for a $200 software to run.
  3. P

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

I have the Editor App from Apple store already, what's the $200 tuner kit you are referring to?
  4. P

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

The simple answer is it depends on what type of speakers you have. In my case my room is a dedicated 17x11x8 room, with all Klipsch RP series towers, center, surround and ceiling speakers. When I first moved to an amp about a year ago after 10 years of using my Yamaha as my sole AVR, it...
  5. P

You made the right choice. I returned my Denon 3700H for Marantz 7706.
  6. P

I had a Denon 3700H, with Outlaw 7000x. Denon lacked the surround stage compared to my old Yamaha. With Maranzt 7706, it completely opened up the sound stage to levels I have never experience in my setup. Clearer and forward center channel, and excellent channel separation and sound stage for...
  7. P

I would take the 7705 review here with the pinch of salt. What I mean is, most of the measurements that seem not up to par are levels that you can't even hear in real world scenarios. After reading the 7705 review, I went with a Denon, and was disappointed with its overall surround audio...
  8. P

I got a Denon 3700H based on the reviews here. I found the 3700 to be at best comparable to my old Yamaha RX-A1060, but 1060 was much better in terms audio brightness and clarity. 3700H lacked in dialogues and sounded laid back and too warm. I returned the 3700H and instead got a Marantz 7706...
  9. P

Nice work on the review Amir. I feel the review is very "scientific" :D How much of this is really applicable to or audible in a "practical" use case? Granted 7705 has replaced the previous line of the AV processor, but at the same price point. Leaving the scientific numbers aside, how does this...
Top Bottom