Recent content by przemnet

1. P

Deezer Connect as debian package for Raspberry Pi streamers - PLEASE HELP!

Hello, I believe lots of members here use Raspberry Pi for music streaming. Some of you may also be Deezer members and therefore I'd like to ask you for your help. I've created a thread on Deezer Community forum suggesting that it would be great to have Deezer Connect functionality on our Rpi...
  2. P

Clean and noiseless USB charger 5V/3A

Thanks a lot ;-) I'm looking for a power supply for my Raspberry Pi 4 and I think I will use the one you recommend ;-)
  3. P

Just want to have noiseless and clean power supply - nothing more ;-) BTW, I've seen below video ;-)
  4. P

Hello, I'm looking for a clean and noiseless USB charger 5V / 3A. I've heard that Xiaomi 33W charger is considered to be clean but I haven't found any measurements of it so I'm not able to confirm / deny... I'm not talking about iFi iPower or Allo Nirvana power supplies but typical USB phone...
  5. P

SMSL SU-9 vs D1se

Hi, I was wondering the same. I don't know how they compare sound wise, however I've found few differences. both units have Bluetooth 5.0, but SMSL SU-9 is fully utilizing it's potential since it supports LDAC and UAT codecs while VMV D1SE does not regarding internal build, SU-9 has low noise...
  6. P

Is LDAC lossy or bit-perfect for 44.1kHz/16bit (Red Book CD) files?

I opened few FLACs in VLC player and next went to: Tools -> Codec Information -> Statistics [tab] to observe "Input bitrate": I was surprised how often it is above 990kbps (I wasn't able to capture it on screenshot since it was changing very dynamically)... Cheers, Przemek
  7. P

Of course I can listen and test, but I'd like to get Audio Science based theoretical answer, what is the correct setting in case of streaming 16/44.1 files with LDAC. Personally I think it makes more sense to change in Developer Options bit rate and sample rate to 44.1/16 for LDAC and have...
  8. P

I'm asking about phone settings (once I change those, receiver will be setup in the same way) assuming that DAC has full LDAC support (990kbps, 96kHz, 32bit). Every time when I was connecting to the DACs that I've tested (Topping D50s, Topping DX7 Pro, SMSL M400), my phone was connecting with...
  9. P

And one more question! When streaming 44.1/16 files with LDAC, is it better to: 1/ Leave default settings: Bluetooth audio LDAC codec: Best effect (Adaptive bit rate) *** Bluetooth Audio Sample Rate: 96kHz Bluetooth Audio Bits Per Sample: 32bit 2/ Or to play with Developer Options and change...
  10. P

Thank you very much for all the comments in the discussion. Based on SONY marketing materials I was hoping that transmission of 44.1/16 files with LDAC is really bit-perfect, however it looks we need to wait for next codec with 1.5Mbps throughput to achieve it... It seems we are getting closer...
  11. P

I agree, as I wrote initially, WAV file 44.1kHz/16bit has bitrate about 1400kbps (16*44100*2=1411200). Typically FLAC compression decreases the file size to 50 and 70 percent of its original size so the bitrate would be 750-950kbps so less than 990kbps. However there might be problem with some...
  12. P

Yes, that is exactly the same as in my case as described in initial post and I believe it is similar in most of Android phones when you unlock Developer Settings ;-) This is not very convenient to change those settings every time I connect to the DAC, however I could live with that provided...
  13. P

Hi, In theory, SONY claims that file 44.1kHz/16bit (Red Book CD) sent over Bluetooth with LDAC (*when used speed is 990kbps) should be the same as original file and sending Hi-Res files like 96kHz/24bit is lossy. However: 1/ WAV file 44.1kHz/16bit has bitrate about 1400kbps...
Top Bottom