Recent content by Prolix

1. Prolix

Revel M80XC Review (Outdoor Speaker)

Last year I nabbed a pair of these in white on sale. Looking for a 2nd pair at similar price...
  2. Prolix

Smartphones will kill off DSLR's soon/

Seems as though people have been making this claim for at least 10 years. I have a Sony A7riv, an a6500, and a Samsung S22U. If all I want is to share something on a phone then the S22 is fine, but on any screen larger than a phone, or any type of print, both Sonys absolutely crush the phone and...
  3. Prolix

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Thanks. Just wasn't sure if it mattered.
  4. Prolix

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

I just reinstalled Win 11, installed the USB drivers from Denfarips, and am now seeing only 32bit output options in sound settings. No 24bit options. What am I missing?
  5. Prolix

JBL Studio 6 alive on USA JBL site 698, 690, 630, 620, 610, 665c, 625c, 650p

Anyone hear anything about when these might be available?
  6. Prolix

What happened to Innerfidelity? (automatically diverts to stereophile)

I just don't understand how anyone thought that the innerfidelity audience would slide right on over to purely subjective reviews.
  7. Prolix

subwoofers with dual opposed drivers

In case anyone is interested, Dynaudio told me that the 18s sub contains two completely separate sealed compartments, and that the core sub is essentially 2 18s stacked on each other, so 4 separate compartments. Dynaudio bills the 18s as using a "Dual opposing driver design principle." Does...
  8. Prolix

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

Thank you. I actually tried to delete my post right away after realizing I missed the mark a bit but I wasn't quick enough.
  9. Prolix

Audyssey XT32 vs Dirac Live

In my limited experience with Dirac it created a naturally full, pleasing response, while Audyssey tends to sound comparatively thin and lifeless. I think dirac's eq just works better. Also, when using audyssey without the multieq app the only way to add bass to the thin sounding default curve...
  10. Prolix

SMSL AO200, Lack of bass punch/definition with Elac debut 6.2's

This is one of the reasons I moved on from the 6.2. Bass was "there" but kind of soft and wooly with my Denon receiver.
  11. Prolix

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

Thanks! Alas. Just seems a waste and kind of annoying to buy a huge box with a bunch of amps I'll never use.
  12. Prolix

Does a product exist that's basically a M10 V2 (2.1, room correction, audio streaming, Dolby processing) with a couple more HDMI inputs? Something like a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 that can process Dolby LFE content?
  13. Prolix

So I just jumped right in and picked up a V2 for my living room. This is a shared use situation and it needs to be simple and "just work." I'm happy with how the thing functions except for one annoyance I can't figure out. If I'm listening to the tv through ARC and want to switch to Spotify, all...
  14. Prolix

Anyone know if the V2 uses the same modules?
  15. Prolix

Klipsch RP-600M Speaker Review

I recently tried out a Harbeth P3ESR and felt the same way. Weird sensation that a good part of the bass response is from the vibrating cabinet, like a tiny cello.
Top Bottom