Recent content by Prism24

1. P

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

Anyone have experience using the Element 3 with Modhouse Argons? I know that Modhouse recommends the Atom, but some of the big YouTube reviewers (not just Z) claim you need lots and lots of power to drive Argons. My Fiio K5 Pro is about tapped out with the T60 Argons, so wondering if an...
  2. P

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Would this see much of a decrease of power output if using an unbalanced DAC input?
  3. P

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I’m looking to buy this amp and use the balanced output, but for the time being I want to use the DAC in my Fiio K5 Pro and run that into the 789. Does anyone know how much that will affect the balanced power output of the 789? All of the stats I can find has the power ratings measured with a...
  4. P

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Good to know, thanks! If I make do using my Fiio K5 Pro solely as a DAC with this amp, how much power am I giving up? And would I want to use the volume knob and gain on the Fiio at all?
  5. P

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Would I be able to run this amp with full output power (excuse my layman terminology :)) using the balanced outputs from an E50 DAC with a TRS to XLR cable? Or is the matching D30 pro DAC with XLR cables required for full power?
Top Bottom