Recent content by Presently42

1. Presently42

Stereo downmixing through an AVR - effective or add a centre channel?

Forgive me for reviving a dead thread, but this is exactly my use case, and I can't for the life of me figure out the correct configuration: I connect my windows lappy to the avr (Denon x2500h), feeding a 2.1 system. I've turned off the centre and surround speakers (and hence amps) in the avr...
  2. Presently42

Help with updating review index

That's good news: the old system took a very long time to use - especially if, for example, the year something came out couldn't be easily found. It also allowed duplicates with slightly different names rather too easily; and required manual input that a new review existed. It was a fine start...
  3. Presently42

Help with updating review index

I've been wondering, why the asr data on google sheets hasn't been updating: I go to check periodically, and see, that there are no new entries, so I assume, that everything is being input. If that's not the case, how should I proceed to enter the values? Are any of the scripts working still?
  4. Presently42

SMSL A100 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Is it just me, or is that the same case as the excellent JDS labs Atom line.?
  5. Presently42

Help with Chinese Language

My word, that's a rather large leap: from occasional spam poster to gulag??
  6. Presently42

Help with Chinese Language

I reported one of these a while back, so I'm sad to see this spam is more than just a one-off. Anyway, the characters are simplified, strongly implying the origin of the spam being mainland China: traditional characters are used in Taiwan and Hong Kong (Japan uses a third set). All three posts...
  7. Presently42

Windows Setting Changes Frequency Response

Indeed, all of that is off. However, these options are only on the hdmi enabled output, which I can't use until the new avr comes in. I will certainly be testing everything when it does, and report my findings.
  8. Presently42

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

The line I put is merely to see how smooth the curve is in my room. The line cannot be used in your setup, as your room has a different line: the line cannot be used as a basis for eq filters. If you've a microphone, I urge you to use it. Failing that, your ears are the best tool you have: by...
  9. Presently42

I decided to make a very poor Napilopez-style pseudo-quasi-anechoic spinorama of one of the A130 speakers I have. Of note is my having forgotten to remove the high-pass filter enabled on the AVR for subwoofer integration purposes. Here are the horrific results: Spinorama Early Reflections...
  10. Presently42

Does the political ideology of the factory really make a difference here?
  11. Presently42

It seems fairly clear, that one reason why the A130 is so cheap, is due to the lower quality control standards: it's a very fine speaker indeed - but with unfortunately large unit-to-unit variations. I hope at some point, to make quasi-anechoic measurements of my own pair, that another data...
  12. Presently42

This is hard work: 78 year old Chinese Cook in Japan

If you'd like, I can send an undoubtedly superb recipe your way, from one of the greatest Chinese cookery writers around
  13. Presently42

64 Audio U12t Review (IEM)

Forgive me for being off topic, but why was I misquoted in your post? Indeed, why was I quoted at all?
  14. Presently42

64 Audio U12t Review (IEM)

When I was experimenting with the correlation between spatial effects (both soundstage and imaging) and frequency response using the HD800, I noticed a strong one between the 8 kHz region and openness - a bit similar to the effect of inverting one channel: add more energy there, and the...
Top Bottom