Recent content by prasanth.nath

1. prasanth.nath

Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Stage Review (Updated)

Btw, I found (I think) a solution. I had purchased a Wiim Pro (not yet delivered). My understanding is that it has a good enough ADC. So that should be OK.
  2. prasanth.nath

Kali Audio IN-8v2 (Second Wave) 3-Way Studio Monitor Review

I was checking some data in an Import/Export database and found this info. The landed cost of 1 unit of this is 248 USD (to India), while the retail price is 604 USD! Holy cow! 238 USD includes 43% Tax! Is there so much of profit in distribution?
  3. prasanth.nath

Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Stage Review (Updated)

ASR citizens, I need to connect this (Cambridge Duo) to a Flex8 (which does not have analogue IN). So I need an ADC :( I dont know anything about gain mismatch and stuff like that - will any ADC, say a Scarlet 2i2 (4th gen) or Cosmoc ADC etc work. PS: My TT is Rega RP1.
  4. prasanth.nath

Does you love of gear exceed your love of music?

Yes. I have learned to live with this fact, much as I don't want to accept it. Of course, one can pretend otherwise and be in self denial.
  5. prasanth.nath

The Truth About Noise (and how to cope with it)

Keep them coming OP. No-one is forcing anybody to read, and this forum isn't one person's private property.
  6. prasanth.nath

DIY audio, where to get started?

Totally second abdo123. I got into DIY thinking I can make something really good at fraction of the cost. Looking back, I have wasted plenty of money, wasted a few years and am still unsatisfied. The only reason to get into DIY is if you enjoy doing it and want to learn / have fun. I did not...
  7. prasanth.nath

LX Studio - alternative to Hypex modules?

Apologies, I missed your Question. Yes it was not flat. Just came here to report that the remaining 3 amps too went bust. UCD400s were the last to go. My local enthusiast says that these designs are just too lame to suit anything south of 50 degrees North. :) Will attach a few pics soon -...
  8. prasanth.nath

Advice: Wharfadale Linton vs Revel 106 vs Revel F35

Thx. I should clarify that I am not a basshead per se. My experience has been that one needs to be able to experience bass at moderate levels itself, without having to increase gain just for bass. It's not about heart stopping bass. Regarding tonality, I am attempting to correlate data with...
  9. prasanth.nath

Thanks. Makes sense. Harman local dealer is supposed to call soon. Now need to decide between f36 vs M106. M106 can be crossed with my dipole sub, but i would prefer the f36 for simplicity, unless the M106 is distinctly superior. How i wish there were a simple formula to understand speakers. :)
  10. prasanth.nath

It's not about quality of reproduction, but quality of the hardware. I have purchased 12 ucds over the years, 6 have failed! The hypex dlcp is an impossibly notorious device. Yes it sounds good. I can observe that the early ucds were of a much better build quality than recent ones.
  11. prasanth.nath

Thank you all. I have to honestly admit that while I am in the purist "just the facts please, don't color my sound" camp, music isn't that enjoyable because most of the recordings that I listen to are poor. I mostly listen to music in my native language, and a few others. These are very...
  12. prasanth.nath

Just read through the 708p ownership thread. Plenty of qc issues. Last thing i need is another broken one. Hypex has given me enough grief with broken products . So back to Revel or Linton.
  13. prasanth.nath

The only question I have now is.. can one use this in a far field set up. I sit about 5 Meters away. Would that be a problem, I wonder.
  14. prasanth.nath

JBL 708p seems to be available. 1530 USD per unit. I guess thats probably the route to take
  15. prasanth.nath

Looks like Revels are not in stock really. Need to wait for 2 months.
Top Bottom