Recent content by Praefectus

1. Praefectus

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

It does I'm afraid. I had two of them - both the same.
  2. Praefectus

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

The DX5 can be set as a DAC only indeed. Also, the MQA is a part of a DAC chip itself so again, yes. This should work for you.
  3. Praefectus

Qobuz or Tidal?

Qobuz's version is MQA (352.8) as well. Sometimes roon not showing it but when you start streaming it will show you the full path. EDIT: See the new photo.
  4. Praefectus

Qobuz or Tidal?

Yes, it's available. Qobuz and Tidal.
  5. Praefectus

How do you find new music? - asking for a dinosaur friend...

Qobuz's My Weekly Q and of course the most powerful one... roon's suggestions.
  6. Praefectus

The first video. It happens to me as well but in the end it stays at MQA and it sounds completely different after full conversion to MQA. Streamed from Qobuz on roon and audirvana. All the same. Here's my case: Why is that?
  7. Praefectus

It can. Played MQA 352k yesterday. Streamed some tracks from Qobuz using roon. Couple of clicks before it started but it does the job. But actually, I'm not quite sure if I liked the sound of it. I could hear the track second before it was converted to full mqa...
  8. Praefectus

Topping's official library does not include such updates, so doing so carries a great deal of risk.
  9. Praefectus

It does not matter. It's a generic set by Windows. You can even change the image from speakers to headphones or amp brick - whatever you like. It's pure for your convenience.
  10. Praefectus

Qobuz or Tidal?

You don't need to wait. You can upgrade to Sublime any time. With pro-rata cost.
  11. Praefectus

Getting such error without flashing the firmware - sounds legit?. You must have come to us from the future then. The latest one is V1.38
  12. Praefectus

All sorted. Seems like there was an issue with my overloaded CPU that caused interference with WASAPI Exclusive (Qobuz). Purchased DX5 to find this to happen again so I started to DIG and found the real problem. Mostly solved now.
  13. Praefectus

It's official. DX5 landed on my desk and it's phenomenal! No issues so far. Firmware upgrade without issues. I made one by one. First upgraded to 1.37 then after 2 minutes to 1.38. This DAC is SOOO revealing. I can hear every single, tiny detail in the music I listened a lot before - yes...
  14. Praefectus

Help me chose my first stack!

Hello I want to buy my first stack for up to £350 altogether. I am considering these: SMSL SU-6 + SMSL SH-6 SMSL DO100 + SMSL HO100 (more than my budget but still will do I guess...) Will appreciate your input with other brands at a similar price BUT I am probably (unless you can convince...
Top Bottom