Recent content by PolkFan

1. PolkFan

Sennheiser 800 HD still the best neutral openback for $1000 used?

I mean don't get me wrong i'm happy there's headphones for everyone but i'm just not 100% sure about there's Their build quality is great imo for the money tho
  2. PolkFan

Depressing guys is there any pair of cans($1000) that have a massive sound stage that are neutral again i got my 712 pro's over them being rated as having a decent sound stage but i feel like it's still too much like a center speaker inside your head I should probably have more realistic goals...
  3. PolkFan

I want them for music and movies and games so the massive sound stage is for sure nice. I even like my 712's for that reason i found them to be a good poor mans option until you can move on up
  4. PolkFan

WOW i love you guys you understand i only come to this place for audio advise i want to donate more money to you guys Saved me already time and money you guys always reply too. Love this place. Anyways I think i will take @Carlo2AC advise and get whatever is cheaper
  5. PolkFan

Sounds like i will forget about the 800's and grab the 800s instead I wish we could get a 1000$ new pair of cans with the best sound stage ever and an amazing neutral response i own 3 pairs of V based headphones and you know how often they are used? As often as i have friends over which is...
  6. PolkFan

Yeah i was wondering about the hd800s i wasn't so sure what they changed with that unit
  7. PolkFan

I agree 100% the only way i will truly know is by putting them on my head
  8. PolkFan

If i put these 800HD's on and they sound like my beyerdynamics i will find you all lol no haha I said "Slight treble" For real i have 2 pairs from them and when i hear classical music i want to take an ice pick and stab my ears out
  9. PolkFan

SWEET i kind of want a fix for a few years and man it just sounds like that pair of cans has been speaking for me for years Do you think the bass is the same or worse then what the AKG 712's offer? If its as good i'm ok with that
  10. PolkFan

So if i could beg you to tell me a bit more. I like neutral to "SLIGHTLY" more treble which is why i love AKG and Polk a bit One thing i do not want is slow boomy bass or a sound stage that sounds like you have a center speaker inside your head So could you list maybe a few pairs i might like...
  11. PolkFan

America I mean less is always better haha but i'm willing to pay $1000 for something i will keep forever and ever Never had a single pair of cans break on me before even my good old cheapo AKG K44 that i got in middle school 20 years ago are still kicking haha tho i never use those horrible...
  12. PolkFan

So for the past 6 months+ i haven't touched my headphone amp or dac as i have been listening to my Polks but last night i started to feel a bit depressed and stuff so i figured why not try my AKG 712 Pro's again. By god they smack the crap out of my Monitor 70's in mids so i was wondering is...
  13. PolkFan

How loud is 1W? Do you need 500W on a 250W RMS Speaker?

I have to say that would be a good thing to tell the wife however "I have to listen to them at this level, if not the protection mode will kick on" What i think he has is some kind of thing that can detect clipping and save the tweeter.
  14. PolkFan

@amirm Based on your research and exp have you noticed that more power can change a frequency chart on the same type of amp-dac? I can understand that might be a impossible test but i would really like to see something like that if only there was a way to force a AMP into like 10W mode and...
  15. PolkFan

And DC cars too :) But i wouldn't be scared to get a nice pair of speakers if they are rated at 8ohms if i had to make an assumption it's probably more important to find efficient speakers at 90+db and 8ohm's i'm pretty sure that stresses the amp more than crazy wattage numbers. BTW Side note...
Top Bottom