Recent content by plikestechno

1. P

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Apparently it needs that newer camera connector where one cable goes to the phone, one cable goes to a power supply and one cable goes to the dac.
  2. P

It probably wont work. I tried with an 11 pro max and it never would work. It might work if you have a powered hub in the middle but whenever i tried to do it, the iphone would always say not enouh power and the sound would not transfer.
  3. P

Topping d90 with DDC.

Following this up a bit. I tried a SMSL PO 100 Pro with the D90 and although it had a slightly different sound using it with i2s into the D90 than the stock D90 straight from the computer with USB, it was not necessarily better. More bass, what seemed like a blacker background but less high end...
  4. P

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

Not sure about the Shield but for the Gustard you will definitely have to switch it to mode 2.
  5. P

It doesn't look like there's much of a DSD menu on the R26. Based on what others have done, I would set the PO100 Pro to setting 2 on both sides on the bottom of it and then try to plug and play it with the i2s of the Gustard. If that doesnt work then you will probably have to do what I did...
  6. P

I eventually did the electrical tape thing for pin 16 on a different hdmi cable to get i2s to work with my original Topping D90. The PO 100 Pro did what i was hoping it would do. There was always a weird slight phasiness in the stereo image when using USB at DSD512 straight into the Topping...
  7. P

How were you able to bend it to make it work? How should i be using the pin to disable pin 16 on the hdmi? All i ended up doing was breaking the casing around pin 16 but the pin doesnt budge.
  8. P

SMSL HO100 Review (Headphone Amp)

I have one right here and I'm pretty sure it's plastic recessed in a metal box.
  9. P

Are you using a powerline adapter in the room? This happened to me when I switched brands of powerline adapters. Switched back and the hiss/crackle was gone. But not before tearing apart and rebuilding my whole system lol. Weirdest thing is that the DAC and powerline adapter didn’t even share...
  10. P

Topping d90 with DDC.

I’d like to know this as well. If I have the original D90, is a Denafrips Iris going to help the sound at all? There’s an Iris for sale in my area. On the surface it seems they share a number of parts. The asynchronous USB from my computer into my D90 already sounds great. I use mostly Tidal...
  11. P

How much of this budget stuff with XLR in and outs and 4.4" trrs outputs is truly balanced? Even with non-budget stuff? Barely any. At a certain point common sense is needed with somebody making this comment in every thread for every product with XLR and 4.4" jacks. True balanced would mean a...
  12. P

Just got mine last weekend and am liking it alot. Did far too much research over the last couple of months, this showed up in the past month and decided that this was all I really needed. I was thinking of the HO200 at 424 Canadian right now on sale but I dont need the preamp functions. The...
Top Bottom