Recent content by Playskool

1. P

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Hi Kesi, That's strange because if you were using the line out mode (0db fixed), then you were bypassing the volume control of the DAC and you were using the built-in preamp of you integrated amplifier to adjust the volume. Could you please tell us what is your amplifier?
  2. P

Hi Vladimir, Thank you for your comment. That is very interesting. I would be keen to rule out gain or impedance matching as the main factor for degraded sound as I have tried my Matrix DAC in balanced and single ended mode with two different power amps having quite different input impedances...
  3. P

Very interesting video! Thanks aigo for sharing. So at 4:29 he goes "ideally I guess you would add a preamp"... That's quite amazing because I believe that people ready to spend this kind of money for a DAC are looking for the best possible sound. If it's a known issue with other Matrix combo...
  4. P

You have to set the DAC to ""line-out mode 0db fixed".
  5. P

Yes it is exactly the same thing that happened to me... I connected it single ended or balanced directly to my Luxman and Benchmark power amps and it sounded dreadful... Very narrow stage, lack of low frequency, I quickly regretted my purchase and contacted Matrix Audio several times to try to...
  6. P

Hi, I would like to ask the Element X owners if they have compared the sound using a preamp completely bypassing the DAC built-in volume control? I am asking because I found out that on my unit the sound is incredibly better using an external preamplifier... And I was curious if this is a...
  7. P

DAC newbie questions / Matrix Element X model

Hi Sangbro, I am a new member on this forum but I own the Element X and can hopefully reply to 2 of your questions: 1) the Element X has is own preamp and volume knob so you could use it without preamp. I don't know if the problem is specific to my Element X only, or if other users are...
Top Bottom