Recent content by Platinum Highs

1. P

Emotiva XPA-DR2 Review (Stereo Power Amplifier)

I want to post a quick follow up here. I recently purchased a pair of Emotiva DR1 model monoblocks. I must say they sound much better than the Emotiva DR2 stereo amp that I owned last year. The mids and highs show no signs of compression or raspiness like the DR2. They are the best sounding...
  2. P

F/S: D-Sonic M3a-1500M Monoblocks

Selling a pair of D-Sonic M3a-1500M monoblocks. They are in excellent condition. Price is $2100. Free shipping. Payment by PayPal only. Will ship the same day payment is received.
  3. P

Emotiva XPA-DR2 Review (Stereo Power Amplifier)

I have owned the Emotiva DR2 and a pair of Hypex 2K monoblocks. The DR 2 is a bright sounding amp with raspy treble. I could easily hear the distortion during music playback. My basic Crown XLI 3500 amp sounded better than the Emotiva DR2. Given the price, the Hypex 2K monoblocks were the...
  4. P

FS: Hypex Ncore NC2000 Monoblocks

I returned the amps to the company I bought them from. Normally I don't like returning products, but trying to resell a hypex amp online is worse than pulling teeth.
  5. P

FS: Hypex Ncore NC2000 Monoblocks

Selling a pair of hypex nc2000 monoblock amplifiers with Sonic Imagery 990 input buffers. Accept payment by PayPal. I will ship same day payment is received. Price for the pair is $2399. Free shipping. Please send me a PM.
  6. P

Apollon Hypex NC2K Monoblock Amplifier Review

I did like the sound without the input buffers. With the input buffers the overallsound is slightly more refined. I'd say the upgrade would be worth $200 or less. But if you're having to pay $500 or more for someone to install the buffers for you, the upgrade is not worth the marginal difference...
  7. P

I auditioned a pair without input buffers for a few days. Then I recently returned them and purchased another pair with Sonic Imagery 990 input buffers. They have a very clean almost clinical sound to them. I like the clean and precise mid-range. However the highs do seem to be a bit rolled off.
  8. P

I just went ahead and put in an order for two NC2k monoblocks. I don't want to have regrets since I plan to keep these amps for a very long time.
  9. P

Thank you so much for this post. You have saved me a good chunk of money. I guess I will temper my expectations and most likely go with the NC 1200. I know I most manufactures lie on amp specs. I just don't want to pay extra for incremental increase in rms power.
  10. P

Has anyone heard the NC2000 module? I'm having a hard time deciding between it and the NC 1200 since they are almost the same price. Does the upper mids and treble sound rolled off?
  11. P

When will higher power Purifi modules be released?

I'm eager to buy a new amp as soon as possible. But I read in Amir's review that the current Purify module only puts out a little over 200 Watts continuously at 4 Ohms. So my question is if I hold out until the end of the year will Purifi release any more powerful modules before the end of 2020?
Top Bottom