Recent content by pk500

1. pk500

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

I'm in the opposite camp. Canceled my Roon subscription last month after a year because I realized the only thing Roon gave me that I really needed was parametric EQ with Wasapi Exclusive output through Qobuz integration. That was vital for me with my Audeze LCD-X 2021, which almost demand...
  2. pk500

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

Your extrapolation of my reasoning does not make sense. From my original post: "You could give a novice audiophile coming from Best Buy over-ear wireless cans much worse advice than to drop $300 on 99 Classics or $200 on 99 Neo." Nowhere in my original post did I say Best Buy headphone owners...
  3. pk500

I think you're tying yourself into a Gordian knot. You're not questioning my taste or perspective, but then you proceed to tell me how my taste or perspective confuses you. So, you are questioning -- in a tacit, polite way. The Meze 99 Classics is a gateway to audiophilia for many for the exact...
  4. pk500

Well, hot damn: If the measurements match your ears, then you must be right and I'm an idiot. Case closed. Your ears and brain are the final, and ultimate, arbiter of any sound. This is a subjective thread. I don't think your opinions are wrong -- because they're subjective impressions. You can...
  5. pk500

An individual, subjective perception from an individual posting in a thread about "overrated" and "underrated" -- who would have thought? I trust my ears and brain more than any graph, thanks, especially since I OWNED the headphones in question.
  6. pk500

This is a tough one and subjective as hell (isn't everything in our perception of sound?), but here goes: OVERRATED -- Audio-Technica ATH-M40x and M50x. I've seen these cans recommended by many as an introduction to audiophile headphones. Well, anyone who makes that recommendation must really...
  7. pk500

I don't think anyone says the 7Hz and Truthear IEMs are the be-all, end-all. But measurements and user experience (more important than any measurements, BTW) indicate both brands offer very good sound for the money.
  8. pk500

Why does he need to show evidence? Opinions are subjective. You may love Heineken; he may hate it. Neither of you is wrong.
  9. pk500

Where do people find release info about new chnese iems?

Forums like here, Head-fi, HiFiGuides, Sonus Apparatus, etc.
  10. pk500

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

I still think the Crin Zero Red is the best budget pick under $100. Terrific tuning for $55. But I can't wear them because the nozzles are so long that they feel like they're piercing my brain. I guess I know I'll never like Etymotic despite never trying Etys ... :) A new contender for the best...
  11. pk500

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

The Zero Reds are $55; the Crin Zero 2's are $22. That's less than $80. I would venture that nearly the cheapest over-ear in nearly everyone's collection here costs more than these two IEMs combined. But if money is that tight, then screw the reviews: Go with what your ears and brain like the best.
  12. pk500

Aune AR5000 Headphone Review

Yeah, I inhaled the bait. Silly me! :)
  13. pk500

You understand that nearly every piece of recorded music uses DSP during recording, mixing and mastering? I guess those albums are all turds packed in golden wrap, too. How do you listen to music that didn't have DSP as part of the recording process, so you can get the absolutely "pure" sound...
  14. pk500

This is dynamic. The HE-400se is planar. Different sound characteristics. This can also is a hell of a lot easier to drive.
  15. pk500

Horsesh*t. I've worked in racing for 35 years. Imagine a race team that gets its car and makes no changes to the base setup to find more speed during an event. Sure, it may be competitive, but it probably won't win, even in the hands of a skilled driver. It's a rare weekend when a race team...
Top Bottom