Recent content by pjn

1. P

looking for a simple cheap device to connect my 2 channels amps to several speakers seperatly ?

Solupeak P2 2(1)-in-1(2)-Out Amp Amplifier Speaker Switcher Selector Switch Splitter 2-Way Loudspeaker Control Combiner Box Well built- recomended
  2. P

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

And if you could have moving psychedelic patterns synchronized to the music imprinted on them, I'd be a customer....
  3. P

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Yes, but 90dB is quite loud! The R7s are likely similar at a more modest level (i.e a smaller room - mine is < 2000cuft) - I have a pair and and measured distortion is neglible at my usual listening level - <75 dB. The R7s replace venerable and recapped Kef 104.2s which were briefly replaced by...
  4. P

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

The only difference I could see is that the KC92 has a trigger input (and associated mode switch), the KF92 doesn't. There's also a mysterious firmware update port...
  5. P

Extreme Snake Oil

There's some seriously strange stuff at that site! The vibratron, in particular - https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb4gc5-synergistic-research-vibratron-sx-brand-new-shipping-now-room-treatments
  6. P

Extreme Snake Oil

Great summation! No reason to stop laughing at the snake oil - the outrage should be simply directed at the snake oil vendors who target the less well off - Audioquest, I'm looking at you!
  7. P

Extreme Snake Oil

A steal at the price! And their honesty is great "don't overdo it" - in other words don't stick them over every available surface. Which might get expensive The thing that bothers me is that it suggests that their cables need some improvement.
  8. P

Extreme Snake Oil

They've thought of everything! - "cancels high-frequency noise from WiFi, Cell Phones, and ambient RF" At last, my tinnitus is cured! All that incessant whining noise in my head... I'll buy one for every room in the house
  9. P

Extreme Snake Oil

You can see why it has taken a long time to develop. Internal dialog: "Surely no one will be crazy enough to purchase this?" "But they might - and we'll make a ton of money" "No, they won't" "Well how about if we charge enough, like 10x? That way we'll still make loads of moolah. It's a bit...
  10. P

Extreme Snake Oil

Metal Molecular Activation Technology (MMAT) Metal Molecular Activation Technology is a process that increases the number of electron flows per second in conductor material, resulting in a much lower background noise and paving the way for further QSA treatments. All products must undergo this...
  11. P

Extreme Snake Oil

It is a source of wonder that the ethernet signal suddenly degrades as it leaves the wall port. What is on the other side of the wall, one wonders? The sunlit uplands? The actual band, orchestra, singer, whatever? Good grief. Fools and their money... ----added edit when I saw the folly of my...
  12. P

Kef R6 meta initial impression

You probably can, but the R7 are exactly the same drivers as the R6 and was my solution at a similar listening distance - very pleased. sub xovers are 60 for the R7s and 100 for the R6, room 15x15x9 (feet), listening position ~9.5 ft, half plugs in R7 ports, front baffle 2.5 ft from back wall...
  13. P

Another room treatment video

That's really rather good - very straightforward
  14. P

KEF LS50 (V1) Vs KEF LSX For nearfield desktop use

I'm using LSX IIs with an SVS sub as a desktop system - sounds fabulous
Top Bottom