Recent content by pinkish

1. P

DAC with MQA, balanced outputs and headphone amp

I was all wrapped up in forum searching at the time. At this moment, I don't recall what exactly lead me to that statement, but there was something about it. Anyway, in the meantime I got an iFi ZEN DAC v1 and I'm very statisfied with it :)
  2. P

Focal Alpha 50 vs. Adam T5V/T7V

@renaudrenaud @daftcombo Why did you guys choose the Alpha 50s over the Alpha 50 Evos?
  3. P

Thanks for that, but they're way out of my budget. I'll keep an open mind about recommend alternatives, though.
  4. P

After leaning the Focal way, your comment really hit hard :) My problem is that I don't have enough funds to not care if I have problems with the speakers. It's not like I'm gonna buy another pair in the next 5-10 years. Would you have a suggestion outside the Focal/Adam discussion? Looking for...
  5. P

Those are the original Alphas. And I prefer buying from my local store :)
  6. P

From what I gathered, everyone's opinion is toward Focal Alpha 50 Evo. They are 270 euros each, but I can stretch my budget to get the better option. What I also like about the Focals is the frontal bass-reflex port which allows for placement closer to the wall.
  7. P

I'm looking for personal opinions from owners, rather than technical measurements. Thanks!
  8. P

Hey, guys! I come to you again for advice, after having successfully purchased an iFi ZEN DAC that was recommended in another thread on this forum. I need to upgrade my speakers and I'm looking for active speakers. After a lot of reading, I've narrowed my options down to: Adam T5V / Adam T7V...
  9. P

Kali IN-5 vs. Adam A3X

Excellent, thanks, I'll give it a read. We're all on Windows in this part of the world :)
  10. P

Kali IN-5 vs. Adam A3X

Wow, @sweetchaos , thanks again for taking the time to explain things. My friend doesn't speak English, but I've translated everything for him and he's overjoyed with the Adam T5Vs as you've presented them. He says you should be paid by Adam Audio for bringing them clients! :) One more thing...
  11. P

Kali IN-5 vs. Adam A3X

I have a friend with me reading the thread and he was amazed at the knowledge you guys have. He's got a question that maybe @sweetchaos can answer - what are the best 2-way powered speakers under 200 euro each? From my research, I'd say the Yamaha HS5, HS7 and the Focal Alpha 50, but I'm...
  12. P

Kali IN-5 vs. Adam A3X

@sweetchaos, thanks a lot for taking the time to bring all those arguments to this thread. I'm such a newbie that I don't have any preferences yet on this subject :) Speaking of that, though, I have to ask at this point: do you consider there is a 2-way option that's better than the IN-5s...
  13. P

Kali IN-5 vs. Adam A3X

You are right, I now realize how I sounded - like buying a car based on its color :) I'm sorry, what I meant was that I was looking at convenience as well. Thanks for the TP-LINK tip, I have a few of their cameras and I like their brand. Going back to speakers: is there a 2-way option better...
  14. P

Kali IN-5 vs. Adam A3X

I was originally looking at the A3X because they had the power button on the front. But when I saw the IN-5s are 3-way and have a better frequency response, I said I should consider them, although they cost 100 euros more per unit. Now that I've (almost) accepted the extra cost for 3-way...
  15. P

Kali IN-5 vs. Adam A3X

Hey guys, I posted in these forums a few weeks ago looking for advice about a DAC for my computer. With the help of @Jimbob54 and other users here, I managed to find the best solution for me (iFi Zen DAC) and I'm very happy with my purchase. I would like your help again in choosing a pair of...
Top Bottom