Recent content by PingWine

1. PingWine

Should you use Fletcher-Munson loudness compensation?

With 85db being the reference in the movies, I think that 70db avg is as high I could go. How hard would it be to do a filter like you did for 85 -> 70?
  2. PingWine

Microphone EQ - Why isn't this a discussed about more?

I got this idea from once again looking at oratory1990 pdfs and tuning my new headphones to the harman target. Why isn't there a same things for microphones? Many sites like AudioTestKitchen have pretty accurate measurements of microphones so if we had the access to those graphs, we could...
  3. PingWine

How headphone amplifier affects the sound?

With my limited understanding I have always assumed that if headphone amplifier has output impedance at least 10 times lower than the headphones load, the frequency response will be unaffected. (Provided that the amp itself has a flat frequency response) So what has made me question my sanity...
  4. PingWine

Can the 10kHz notch on headphones be emulated with EQ?

I was thinking about this while browsing rtings review for HD800S. It got very good soundstage ratings because the deep ~24db 10kHz notch it has. I know that the frequency response isn't the only thing affecting how we perceive where sound is coming from, but I it's still a major part of it...
  5. PingWine

What items have you NOT purchased as a result of ASR?

I didn't buy the Sennheiser HD560S because of ASR. And only because Amirm wasn't fast enough with his reviews :P I had to rely on oratory1990's measurements.
  6. PingWine

Simple out of your head experiment: How EQ can change the soundstage (?)

Here's another snippet for those who like to rip and tear :p Ps. IMO this effect works very well with this track Edit: I may or may not have accidentally left a little bass boost to this particular video xD
  7. PingWine

Simple out of your head experiment: How EQ can change the soundstage (?)

Edit: Watch this video with headphones to get the full effect This video is a simple experiment where I used one of HeSuVi's HRIR profile, "ooyh0.wav" I was really fascinated how realistic this particular HRIR profile sounded so I thought to test it with some music. (You can hear in the video...
  8. PingWine

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Another vote for Sennheiser HD560S!
  9. PingWine

Is this it? Is this going to be as good as audio hardware gets?

Okay maybe they aren't "outdated" per say, but you can't disagree that displays haven't been advancing at much higher pace than audio has. Sure the industry hasn't yet had time to adapt to new technologies like HDR or WCG but hey at least they have been invented. Now it's just a waiting game for...
  10. PingWine

Is this it? Is this going to be as good as audio hardware gets?

As a dude who follows the development of new technologies and innovations I can't help but feel like the audio department lags behind. As an example you could buy a TV now and it could be hugely outdated in five years. Or worse yet you could buy a smartphone which could be outdated and with...
  11. PingWine

700€ for SB-2000 or 1100€ for SB-2000 Pro

I'm just confused because I saw Audioholics praising the SB-2000 Pro to be much better than SB-2000. Also I couldn't find group delay measurements for SB-2000 anywhere so I'd love to see if you know any resources for those. I don't understand why companies won't provide group delay...
  12. PingWine

Where did you find that data :0 But thanks! I didn't know the differences were that miniscule
  13. PingWine

In my country the original SB-2000 is on sale for 700€, normally 900€. Should I go with it or would it be worth it to just buy the SB-2000 Pro for 1100? One thing to consider is that if I buy SB-2000 now, I will probably not be able to buy a second one that's identical to pair it as I currently...
  14. PingWine

Audio phenomenon with violins

Oh shit you're right now I feel stupid xD
  15. PingWine

Audio phenomenon with violins

Currently I already have the speakers further apart than they should be (for a triangle formation) just so I can toe them in more and reduce wall reflections :p
Top Bottom