Recent content by pimogo

1. P

Help with REW SPL Graphs - First time user

So i ran several more measurements after swapping the speakers. No change. Left still 1+ dB brighter . I then changed the speaker wire for both speakers, but the same pattern emerged. Left is brighter by 1+ dBs in all scenarios. Would the windows on the right hand side of the room (3 floor to...
  2. P

Interesting. Will try that. Whats the theory behind that, just curious.
  3. P

Can someone help explain what could cause this imbalance (after ~4k) between the left and right channel. Both measurements were obtained using the moving mic method around the listening position. Is this normal or something to be concerned with? I sent a signal to each speaker using Rew's...
  4. P

Took a hiatus but now back for further room acoustic analysis-- this time on my main system. A pair of Forte IVs. Any guidance gladly appreciated as a lot of this is still new to me. Using a Umik-1 with calibrated 90 degree file, I began my measurements by pointing away from the speakers...
  5. P

Brilliant! That was it! Many thanks. Crude and quick, but i get the lines to line up. Perfect.. have a weekend of measuring ahead of me. :)
  6. P

So still experimenting but have a new question if anyone has any theories... I'm trying to arrive at a system of measurements that is consistent time and time again so i was interested immediately when i read about the moving mic method. To test it out i first did a set of static microphone...
  7. P

Ha! Thank you for all your help thus far! This is interesting and something i wish to understand better. Why is the 600 hz dip placement related?
  8. P

Yeah i must have done something incorrectly. I reviewed all and reran the 90 degree measurements. I get something substantially better. Now remaining questions i have before i can properly generate the PEQ filters. Is there anything in my settings below that ought to be altered? My speakers...
  9. P

So i tried measuring using the 90 degree file with upright microphone, but the results appear strange. I tried numerous times using both the minidsp provided file as well as the cross spectrum file: both yielded the below. Aside from providing a new calibration file, are there any settings i...
  10. P

Thank you! Will experiment further with 1) upright placement of mic 2) measuring at ~ 80 dB and 3) not cropping at 50hz. My concern was that those lower frequencies were being introduced perhaps by the computer fan standing a couple feet from the mic.. I'll report back later with results...
  11. P

I was pointing towards the speaker. I read for 2 channel applications this was the preferred method. When generating the PEQ, should i crop the frequency at 50hz? Otherwise this tends to happen: Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20.00 Hz Gain -53.20 dB Q 2.000 Filter 2: ON PK Fc 121.0...
  12. P

Hello - I'm using a UMIK-1 with calibrated narrow_band_response_0_degree file from cross spectrum. If what you say is true (i'm hearing construction right now), are these results no longer valid? Or can i simply disregard anything below 50hz? I was hoping to move on to a MMM (moving...
  13. P

Hello All - Was looking for help in understanding what I'm seeing after following Julian Krause's excellent guide on YT. I ran 9 measurements in and around my listening height. With those 9 measurements, i created an average w/ VAR smoothing as per the guide. The results came in (seen below)...
  14. P

Klipsch Forte IV Review (video)

interesting! explains why all those frequencies were mid-range and up. is this because higher frequencies aren't impacted by a typical room environment? for adjusting lower frequencies, i presume i should go down the UMIK / REW route. i'll have to read a bit more before i can undertake such an...
  15. P

Klipsch Forte IV Review (video)

Quick question on using generated PEQs. I apologize if this sounds obtuse, but are custom PEQs transferable for speakers? I thought the room played a big part in this and since we all have different rooms even if the speakers are the same, is a one setting fits all truly achievable? I've...
Top Bottom