Recent content by piero.rossi

1. P

Raspberry DAC suggestion

Update: I found a nice offer on Amazon, and bought the Topping D10S. The idea was to try it, and return it back if I could not hear any improvement. Well, yesterday, right after dinner, I installed it with my Raspberry/Moode audio setup, configured it and started to play music. It took not more...
  2. P

Raspberry DAC suggestion

Hello all, Few updates: a friend of mine gave me a DAC hat for free, since he doesn't need it anymore. It is a PiFi DAC+. I know this has been reviewed here, and got really bad scores; but there is also few post and a site that explain how to modify it to improve its SQ. Actually it sports a...
  3. P

Raspberry DAC suggestion

Stupid question: What about using a USB-C Dongle as a DAC for my amplfier? I mean, could I connect a USB-C Dongle to my Raspberry PI4, and then route its output to my Amplifier? I just read the Amir's review of Apple USB-C Dongle; it happens my daughter owns one, I still have to search for it...
  4. P

Raspberry DAC suggestion

Thank you for the suggestion, I checked it. Nice system, but you need a separate device for the Roon Core; since you cannot run it on a Raspberry, the only other device I could use for the Roon Core is my Linux Server. Unfirtunately, I don't want to install Roon Core onto my server, since I'd...
  5. P

Raspberry DAC suggestion

In the last few days, I tried Volumio and Moode Audio, and I decided in the end for the latter. It has everything I need: - Local and remote media library management - Integrated NAS (I can use the spare part of the USB disk as a networked backup volume) - Can work as a bluetooth renderer...
  6. P

Raspberry DAC suggestion

I really like the topping D10s, I already read the amir's review. But, is it supported by Moode Audio? I can't find it in the supported DAC list in the GUI; but maybe the list is only for I2S DACs. Are the USB DACs supported natively by Linux (Raspbian), so Moode Audio sees them as system audio...
  7. P

Raspberry DAC suggestion

Hello, Thank you for your answer. Yes, I'm in Europe, I'm Italian, to be more specific. I will check Audiophonics for sure, thank you. I will also evaluate the WiFi route for the media library; I already have a Linux Server running om the home net, so I could use that one as a media server, too.
  8. P

Raspberry DAC suggestion

Hallo all, I'm a new member, but a long time reader of the forum. I really appreciate what Amirm does here. Chapeau! Well, I decided to register and write here because I'd like your help. I have a Raspberry PI4 (and few Raspberry3) I'd like to transform into a music player. I intend to use...
Top Bottom