Recent content by Phorize

1. Phorize

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Interesting though, thanks for posting.
  2. Phorize

Moondrop Lab

Out of interest can you get it working with the link app. I can't use link on either iOS or Android 12.
  3. Phorize

FiiO JD7

So, the question is ‘when do we reach peak iem?’. I enjoy them as much as the next nerd but it’s getting rather silly imo. They look good though!
  4. Phorize

CCA or Raspberry pi 4 for roon endpoint.

As f as as I can tell there’s no need to change out your cc if you are happy with it. 96/24 and 192/24 will be equally transparent.
  5. Phorize

I disassembled my Genelec 8351B

Used to be an avid home brewer, you’d be amazed at how many colouring pencils a 3 year old can insert into a bubbling fermenter in the 30 second window that you give them.
  6. Phorize

ROON CORE ADEQUACY

I bought an i5 ThinkCentre M90n-1 last year new for £200. Works like a charm but the uefi firmware is locked on uefi so it can’t boot rock os, so I use fedora server to run roon server instead.
  7. Phorize

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

Yes it’s a cliche but the weed now is a different ballpark to the extremely mild Moroccan/Afghan hash that was sold in every U.K. Home Counties town in the 80s/90s. Several years ago I took one toke of some gorilla glue and was incapacitated. The prospect of a teenager smoking that is really...
  8. Phorize

RME ADI-2 FS R BE + Turntable...and what else??

Kind of, but as cool as the Puffin is it’s adc is no where near the performance of the rme devices.
  9. Phorize

RME ADI-2 FS R BE + Turntable...and what else??

For moving magnet carts yes. The black edition has an adc, you’d need a phono stage to do the riaa eq. Thats what I do.
  10. Phorize

ROON CORE ADEQUACY

I It 's the official appliance-like Linux distribution which runs room core on some intel nucs, but it can run on some other intel hardware.
  11. Phorize

Extreme Snake Oil

https://www.originlive.com/shop/burn-in-cable.html For those tonearm burn in scenarios where you just can’t wait.
  12. Phorize

Extreme Snake Oil

Just followed the link. Not sure what I can possibly say really!
  13. Phorize

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Funnily enough I bought my audiologist wife a pair-feedback was very good but abit intense. Eventually got to that being the 1000-3000 hz range. She pulled up some typical peak hearing sensitivity measurements for people with normal hearing. Turns out peak sensitivity in that same range is...
  14. Phorize

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

It’s civil law and in particular tort that drives the need for insurance. Companies obtain insurance because case law supports them being sued for failing to fulfill a duty of care. That’s a slightly different situation to an individual having to pay for services that they need because they...
Top Bottom