Recent content by Phorize

1. Phorize

RME DPS-2 Linear Power Supply

If RME would like to expand further into the consumer market I can think of better ways of doing it that this. For example a Qudelix competitor leveraging their Remote software would awesome, as would a power amplifier to complement the ADI 2. This on the other hand look like a solution to a...
  2. Phorize

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

@dmitrykos all the best for this product and kudos in particular for supporting Linux.
  3. Phorize

Celebrity RIP Thread

Just found out that Dr Lonnie Smith passed in 2021. I had the pleasure of seeing his trio at Ronnie Scotts in 2018, I think this is the actual performance I attended: https://www.youtube.com/live/f1qBGRCqZ0w?feature=shared Great leader in his own right and graced the stage with legends. Maybe...
  4. Phorize

Truthear Nova IEMs

No, I used the standard one.
  5. Phorize

Truthear Nova IEMs

So I lost one of my nova ear pieces. The 2 pin connector doesn't have any sort of mechanism to secure the cable to the ear piece. I had it fall off in use several times, including on a plane where I was lucky to find it. This time round I have no idea where it got to. Been using KATO for a week...
  6. Phorize

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

The Austrian audio x65 is better value in my view and is available from Amazon UK for a frankly insane £269 at the moment.
  7. Phorize

Harbeth speakers

It appalling value for money. If a comparison with a small manufacturer in a country with decent working conditions and a high cost of living is needed, I can buy a Sointuva WG and a P262 (import duty included) from March Audio for the same cost as the P3 and Nelson.
  8. Phorize

Harbeth speakers

I'm not aware of any measurements but I'm far from convinced by the marketing for the Nelson, especially when the photo of Mark Edwards' set up has the system placed against a wall which is only wise if one is using DSP to deal which the boundary gain. I hate to say it as the P3 is a nice...
  9. Phorize

Celebrity RIP Thread

Mortality, the hardest problem of them all.
  10. Phorize

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Apos explicitly include an iOS compatible cable option which you would have seen when you selected your purchase from the drop down menu. Apos could certainly be clearer that an apple certified otg cable is needed rather than optional, but the bigger issue seems to be that your phone...
  11. Phorize

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

I suppose that many manufacturers would say customers aren't generally interested in parametric eq. Another reason may well be that the marketing hype is often all about FR tuning. Enthusiasts are buying iem after iem in the search for that perfect tuning. If eq becomes easy for the average...
  12. Phorize

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Nice work :) LDAC performance is impressive. Pity the balanced output level isn't higher for better fit with typical ncore/purifi power amps. Still alot of DAC for the money though.
  13. Phorize

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Just thinking out loud. Its understandable that someone who has just been threatened with an obviously vexacious law suit would look to create a resource that responded to the legal elements of this. However, I can't help thinking that this was more a story of conflict management than legal...
  14. Phorize

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

Long term qobuz user here. Generally very happy with the selection of music. Connectivity is a mess though if the recieving device doesn't have chrome cast, they could do with a tidal connect type feature. I am trying tidal at the moment since the price drop. Upsides include tidal connect...
  15. Phorize

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

It takes alot of time and investment to develop software properly.
Top Bottom