Recent content by phion

1. P

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

The point is you can't know it yourself either unless you do a volume controlled a/b test.
  2. P

AI generated music

But there is a ton of music created that's not about artistic expression? Elevator music, games, soap operas, you name it. Also AI generation can complement the toolbox of artists just like synths did in 70s?
  3. P

AI generated music

Yeah, it feels like kind of tech broish, doesn't it? But some of the jazz tracks weren't too bad and sound quality was acceptable Also forgot to say I appreciate your nuanced take.
  4. P

AI generated music

Yeah, it feels like kind of tech broish, doesn't it? But some of the jazz tracks weren't too bad and sound quality was acceptable.
  5. P

AI generated music

Just saw this making rounds on twitter: https://www.udio.com/ There are a few more sites, but this sounds the best to me. Audio quality is better than I expected. Curious what folks here think about this space in general.
  6. P

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

I have an Allo Boss 2 player that I use as a streamer dac. I am thinking of connecting my TV output to my hifi system via a HDMI arc extractor. I am wondering if I can then connect the USB output of this to one of Allo's Rpi port and use its dac?
  7. P

Harman Curve for the Low End

I just bought a subwoofer and did room correction with housecurve + roon. It nicely corrects a room mode at 60Hz. However, I found the harman curve I was trying to fit a bit lackluster in the lowend and ended up boosting the base by a handful of dBs above the curve in freqs < 50Hz. It just...
  8. P

Need Help w Subs in a Large room

Are they good? Can't find any measurements of them and iiuc their low end is not as good as Arendal?
  9. P

wow, was completely blind to this stuff. Thanks for the pointer.
  10. P

I have the JBL L100 reissues. They have 40Hz LF cutoff I think. Comparing listening experience to my other room setup where I do have a sub, I think subs (assuming I can get them to work in the room) would definitely enhance the experience.
  11. P

do you mean it's better to not add any sub at all?
  12. P

to clarify, I am looking at putting one sub in either of these two locations, not both for the time being. The wall to the right side is actually an all glass window and I'd rather not put anything next to it to block the view.
  13. P

Hi, I am considering adding a subwoofer to my system located in a somewhat large room (though with a smaller subset that's the listening area). Please see the attached diagram. The room has pretty high ceilings 4.5m. My primary concern is to get good bass response in the main listening area...
  14. P

Oppenheimer

I watched it on IMAX 70mm at a midnight screening, and it was well worth it. Besides it’s stunning cinematography and sound, also really liked dialogs, plot, character development etc. The score was also quite good IMO, definitely better than most Zimmer stuff (whose music I find uninteresting...
  15. P

Live music in concert halls. What's the point?

So am I correct that Barbican is pretty bad? I always thought it must be good because it looks nice.
Top Bottom