Recent content by philipus

1. P

Portable DAC+Amp for Etymotic 4XR

Hello everybody and Happy New Year, best wishes for '24. I hope some of you could help me with this. I'm using the ER-4XR to listen to ripped CDs (no streaming) from my iPhone and my Macbook Air. I find that they often need quite a bit of volume, which led me to wonder if I shouldn't add a...
  2. P

HDMI extractor for 5.1 sound from ancient Harman AV receiver?

Thank you very much for your reply, and my apologies it's taken so incredibly long to get back to this thread. Life has just got in the way somehow. I looked at the ViewHD piece but unfortunately it is no longer available. I'm curious if it (or something like it) would work between our Apple TV...
  3. P

Thank you, both for the advice and for taking the time to check the TV manual. I hadn't considered getting a disc player. Unfortunately that would probably also be wasted money since I don't have Blu-ray discs. Such players also seem to be a lot more expensive than an extractor, too. I'll...
  4. P

Thank you very much for the reply. I would play ripped DVDs from my media centre (an old Mac) or stream movies and series from iTunes, Netflix etc. When I previously used the Apple TV 3 I got 5.1 audio over optical through the Harman receiver so I assume I would be able to get that with an HDMI...
  5. P

Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone We recently bought an Apple TV 4K to replace our Apple TV 3. The idea is to upgrade the TV at some point, but for now we use an old (but imho still quite OK) Panasonic HD plasma – the TX-P50GT30. The sources are either ripped DVDs from our media centre or...
Top Bottom